In a freak accident, a 13 year-old boy had an extremely close brush to permanent blindness after part of a chopstick was left embedded in his eye. Miraculously, the chopstick had indeed (*warning graphic description coming through*) lodged itself in the eye cavity and into the sinus, narrowly missing the eye which would’ve resulted in blindness.
While playing with his elder brother, See Jing Yang, a student at the Hin Hua High School, fell at his family home in Ambang Botanic. His left eye was hit, and it started to swell up tremendously, forcing the boy’s eye to shut.
His mother Yoong Siat Kian rushed him to the clinic but was told to take him to a hospital instead due to the acute swelling. “I rushed him to a nearby private hospital and was shocked when informed that a CT scan showed a 6cm object embedded in the eye,” said Yoong.
…6cm object….inside…the eye….
Ophthalmologist Dr Narendran Muthukrishnan and his team was rushed in, but initially the team could not make out just exactly what foreign object had lodged itself in Jing Yang’s eye.
“I asked the mother to find out if there was anything broken at the spot where he had fallen,” said Dr Narendran.
The mother called her other son and asked him to scour the floor. He returned back with a remnant of a broken wooden chopstick on the floor. True enough, a chopstick it was when the object was finally extracted out.
The chopstick had entered through the eye cavity and into the sinus, with the tip poking out the nasal cavity.
Now you know just how lethal a chopstick can be.
Jin Yang initially had no clue that a chopstick had entered his eye and broken off when he fell. “I did not feel it going in even though I felt a lot of pain after that,” said the youngest of three boys. Brave kid man.
The operation was successful and Jin Yang’s eye is now free from the wrath of a chopstick.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...