By now you would have already known that Malaysians can enjoy a one-off RM30 digital incentive given by the government starting from 15th January 2020. Wooo, free money! This was announced in Budget 2020 and is known as the e-Tunai Rakyat initiative. This is supposed to encourage Malaysians to go cashless and embrace the usage of e-wallets.
Eligible Malaysians can start claiming this RM30 between 15th January – 14th March 2020. To make sure you are qualified, you must be Malaysian, aged 18 years and above as of 31st December 2020, and earning less than RM100,000 in the year 2018 (about RM8,333 per month). Do note that you must spend the RM30 by 15th March 2020 or the money will expire after this date.
If you don’t know how to claim the money, don’t worry because it’s really easy! You can choose to claim from either Boost, Touch ‘n Go eWallet, or GrabPay. Here’s how:
1. Open the app and click on the banner saying Upgrade your GrabPay Wallet
2. Click Upgrade Now
3. Make sure your wallet is activated and then take a photo of your MyKad. Submit it and once successful, the screen will inform you “Money Transfer Enabled”. This may take up to 48 hours for verification
1. Open the app and click on the e-Tunai Rakyat banner
2. Click on Verify Account Now
3. Follow the steps to verify your account
4. Take a photo of your MyKad and a selfie to be submitted
5. Fill in all your required personal information. Your account will be verified in 48 hours and the money should be available as well
1. Open the Boost app then click on the wallet icon in the upper right corner or click on the banner E-TUNAI RAKYAT 2020 on it
2. Click on Upgrade Now to upgrade to the premium wallet
3. Take a photo of your MyKad and also a selfie to verify your identity. This verification process will be completed within 48 hours
FYI, this cash cannot be transferred to other users and must be used before 15th March 2020 otherwise it will be invalid.
Remember to get this money before it’s too late!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...