If you love to eat pig’s blood curd then you need to be careful! That’s because porcine products contain a pathogen that can become deadly so you should make sure that they are all thoroughly cooked before eating them. This young man, Pao Nopparat Milinthanuch from Thailand lost both his legs because he ate some pig’s blood that was infected with the pathogen Streptococcus suis.
According to Khaosod, the incident had taken place during the Songkran festival in 2016, when Nopparat went back to his hometown to celebrate and during one of the banquets, he had eaten some pig’s blood curd. He only felt unwell when he returned to Bangkok as he started experiencing muscle cramps, chills, and cold hands and feet so he decided to go to the hospital.
After running some tests, doctors discovered that Nopparat’s blood was seriously infected and his condition had already deteriorated rapidly. He was suffering from sepsis, acute renal failure and was also having breathing difficulties. The doctors quickly started to treat him but they said that the next 24 hours were critical and if there were no improvements, he could not survive.
At that time, his feet were starting to necrotise as the infection was in his toes as well so doctors said that it was recommended that Noparat undergo amputation to save his life. He had no choice but to amputate his legs and recently, he appeared in a talk show to share his experience.
WHO said that the pathogen Streptococcus suis can be transmitted not only through food that was cooked at less than 70°C but through cuts and abrasions on hands as well. There is usually an incubation period of one to three days before the pathogen starts attacking the person’s body. Some early symptoms include high fever, nausea, vomiting, severe headache, and joint pain. In severe cases, it may even lead to meningitis.
Make sure the food that you eat is thoroughly cooked and well prepared before consuming it!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...