The Rakyat Have Chosen: Azmin Ali Loses To Door Knob By 17,000 Votes On Twitter Poll
Everywhere on social media and on multiple news sites, the focus is on the United States Elections. With this, many discussions were prompted and even local politicians are joining in.
One such politician is Azmin Ali, the Minister of International Trade and Industry. At about 8pm on 4 November, the minister has tweeted and asked for people to participate in a poll. The caption reads:
“Let’s go back to Math class. Who do you think has stronger, formidable and convincing votes?”
The caption seemingly throws shade to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim but we’re not here for that.
The poll was asking on people’s opinions on who will win the US elections and 70.3% of 3,629 votes were for Biden.
Let’s go back to Math class.
Who do you think has a stronger, formidable and convincing votes?
— Mohamed Azmin Ali • 🇲🇾 (@AzminAli) November 4, 2020
One netizen by the name Faruq then tweeted to the Minister:
“If you were to contest against a doorknob, the rakyat will choose the doorknob. Don’t believe me? Watch this.”
True to his words, 18,821 people voted in the poll and Azmin Ali only managed to garner 3.7% of the votes (696 votes). Mr. Doorknob, on the other hand, won by a landslide with 96.3% of the votes (18,125 votes).
Engko kalau bertanding dengan tombol pintu pon, orang akan pilih tombol pintu la jemin. Tak caya? Meh tengok
— Faruq|Pokروق (@faruqmcgrath) November 4, 2020
Artist Fahmi Reza has supplied an infographic for the poll.
— Fahmi Reza (@kuasasiswa) November 5, 2020
Who would you have voted for? Minister Azmin Ali or Mr. Doorknob? Let us know in the comments!
Also read: Dewan Negara Officer Tests Positive for Covid-19, Some Parliament Members Possibly Infected
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About PM’s PEMERKASA Announcement
Earlier this evening, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin held a press conference to announce the new special aid package, named ‘PEMERKASA’....
PEMERKASA: Govt To Increase Allowance Limit For OKU Workers From RM1,200 To RM1,500
In today’s live broadcast by Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced that the government has agreed to increase...
PEMERKASA: Local SMEs To Receive RM1,000 Monetary Aid To Resume Operations
In today’s live broadcast by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced monetary aid to help small and medium...
PEMERKASA: RM500 One-off Aid For B40 Individuals Who Lost Their Income
In today’s live broadcast by the prime minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced a monetary initiative to help those who...
Popular Massage Parlour in Subang Jaya Raided By Police Officers During Ops Noda
On 13 March, a team of police from Subang Jaya’s D7 BSJD Branch has carried out a raid on a...
Lazada Turns 9 & They’re Launching The New ‘Lazada Bonus’ Feature Plus a Line-up of Surprises This March!
Having served the Malaysian online shopping community since 2012, Lazada celebrates its 9th anniversary this year with a new ‘Lazada...
Here’s How M’sians Can Show Their Skin Some Love & Achieve Their Skincare Goals By CNY
According to facial Feng Shui beliefs, clear and smooth skin is reflective of good intentions and smooth sailing for the...
MCO: Here’s How These M’sians Managed To Thrive & Sell 6,000-8,000kg of Produce a Month Thanks To Lazada
Just a few days ago, it was announced that the MCO will be reinstated and enforced on all states except...