Events & Places
10K Participants In 2 Weeks? Here’s Why M’sians NEED To Join This Virtual Run & Ride Movement!
Now that we are back with another round of MCO, it may be hard to keep to a routine or work on our hobbies and fitness.
But what if we told you that just by exercising, you’d be helping to raise funds for those who have been affected by the pandemic AND you stand a chance to win awesome lucky draw prizes too?!
Yep, that’s right! You can do all that just by joining The City of Elmina’s 21K Strong Virtual Run & Ride movement where all registration proceeds go to a Covid-19 relief fund!
The City of Elmina, known for pioneering wellness and organising lifestyle events in Malaysia, like the Elmina Mountain Bike Jamboree & GCE Duathlon, is calling upon all Malaysians to unite for a cause while staying fit!
The 21K Strong Virtual Run & Ride movement, which officially began on 21st January 2021, has garnered 10,000 participants in just 12 days! We are so touched to see our fellow Malaysians coming together to uplift a community in need and work on keeping our physical & mental health in check!
The initial goal was to achieve 21,000km distance together in running and cycling combined but with the roaring response that The City of Elmina has received, the 21,000km goal was already achieved in only THREE DAYS!
Now, they’ve decided to raise the bar and aim for 1,000,000km distance together within the two-month run & ride period which ends on 21st March 2021! The cumulative distance achieved to-date stands at 679,661km with about three weeks to go. Let’s do it!
Here’s everything you should know:
1. This 21K Virtual Run & Ride is SO affordable and you could even win awesome lucky draw prizes!
Tickets to join the movement is at a very affordable rate of RM10. Plus, 100% of ticket proceeds will be channelled to a Covid-19 relief fund!
FYI, this movement has already managed to raise RM52,000 within a span of just a few days! So amazing ❤️
The 21K Strong Virtual Run & Ride is happening from 21st January to 21st March 2021 which means you can still join the movement now! Purchase a ticket here and you’ll be playing a part in helping a local community affected by the pandemic. Just run or ride anywhere and submit proof of your run or ride through the JomRun app before 21st March 2021!
2. Complete the 21km and be in the running to win awesome lucky draw prizes!
On top of being able to help communities affected by the pandemic and work on your physical health, you even stand a chance to win lucky draw prizes! All you need to do is complete the 21km and automatically stand a chance to win one of these:
- 1st prize — iPhone 12 x 2 winners
- 2nd prize — Dyson V11 Cordless Vacuum x 2 winners
- 3rd prize — Apple Watch SE x 2 winners
- 4th prize — JD Sports Gift Card worth RM1,000 x 2 winners
- 5th prize — JBL Sports Wireless Headphones x 2 winners
- Consolation prizes — Cash vouchers from Harvey Norman & IKEA
Best motivation ever! 😍
3. You can also join secondary Fitness Challenges that will put your stamina to the test
Participants will also be able to compete in 3 secondary fitness challenges and those who get on the Leaderboard or beat the Hero’s record will receive an exclusive e-certificate in recognition of their stellar achievement!
So, what are these intriguing 3 challenges you ask? Let’s have a look!
Join the ‘Lightning Strong’ challenge if you think you can run or ride as fast as lightning
Climb the leaderboard and be in the Top 10 fastest to achieve 21km in running or cycling, you may enter as many times as you wish! To participate in the Lightning Strong challenge:
- Complete the 21km Lightning Strong challenge in one single ride
- Screenshot proof of your run or ride via the JomRun app
- Post it on your Instagram/Facebook feed with your ticket number as well as the hashtags #21kstronglightninghero and #SDP21kstrong
Channel your inner Olympian & beat our Olympic Cyclists’ records with the ‘Hero Challenge’!
To join this challenge, just follow these steps:
- Complete the 21km Hero Challenge in one single ride
- Screenshot proof of your distance via the JomRun app (must include the distance, time & date of the ride)
- Post it on your Instagram/Facebook feed with your ticket number as well as the hashtags #21kstronglightninghero and #SDP21KSTRONG
Are you skilled in long-distance running or riding? Put your skills to the test with the ‘Overachiever’ challenge!
Challenge yourself to be one of the Top 10 longest distance runners or cyclists in this Virtual Run & Ride! You can accumulate your distance over the virtual run period or do it in one go if you’re capable! Here’s what you need to qualify for the Overachiever challenge:
- You must be in the Top 10 longest distance for running or cycling on the leaderboard
- If you are using the JomRun app, your total distance will be automatically accumulated within the app
- If you are using a different fitness app, you must manually submit the screenshot through the JomRun app
4. So now that you know the low-down, how do you be a part of this movement??
All you have to do to participate in the 21K Strong Virtual Ride & Run movement is:
- Download the JomRun app via AppStore or Google PlayStore to register and purchase a ticket today
- Use the JomRun app or any of your preferred fitness tracker apps to track your run or ride
- Submit the proof of distance, time & date of your run or ride via the JomRun app
- Complete a minimum of 21km run or ride by 21st March 2021 to be eligible for the insane lucky draws!
Be sure you comply with all the SOPs set by the government during your run or ride, okay!
Wow! The City of Elmina’s 21K Strong Virtual Run & Ride has such wholesome benefits. Plus, you get to help the less fortunate too! To know more about this virtual event, you can visit their website here! And remember to share pics of your run or ride with the hashtag #SDP21KStrong!
Do note that you must still comply with the SOPs and only run or ride within the permitted travel distance, okay! Remember that registrations are already open and you have to complete your run or ride by the 21st of March 2021! So better get in quick and start clocking in the kilometres! See you at the finish line 😉
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About PM’s PEMERKASA Announcement
Earlier this evening, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin held a press conference to announce the new special aid package, named ‘PEMERKASA’....
PEMERKASA: Govt To Increase Allowance Limit For OKU Workers From RM1,200 To RM1,500
In today’s live broadcast by Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced that the government has agreed to increase...
PEMERKASA: Local SMEs To Receive RM1,000 Monetary Aid To Resume Operations
In today’s live broadcast by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced monetary aid to help small and medium...
PEMERKASA: RM500 One-off Aid For B40 Individuals Who Lost Their Income
In today’s live broadcast by the prime minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced a monetary initiative to help those who...
Popular Massage Parlour in Subang Jaya Raided By Police Officers During Ops Noda
On 13 March, a team of police from Subang Jaya’s D7 BSJD Branch has carried out a raid on a...
Lazada Turns 9 & They’re Launching The New ‘Lazada Bonus’ Feature Plus a Line-up of Surprises This March!
Having served the Malaysian online shopping community since 2012, Lazada celebrates its 9th anniversary this year with a new ‘Lazada...
Here’s How M’sians Can Show Their Skin Some Love & Achieve Their Skincare Goals By CNY
According to facial Feng Shui beliefs, clear and smooth skin is reflective of good intentions and smooth sailing for the...
MCO: Here’s How These M’sians Managed To Thrive & Sell 6,000-8,000kg of Produce a Month Thanks To Lazada
Just a few days ago, it was announced that the MCO will be reinstated and enforced on all states except...