Regardless of what stream we ended up taking in sekolah menengah, whether it was Art Stream or Science Stream, we’ve all had our fair share of hearing a ton of biased, stereotypical comments being thrown at us by friends or aunties and uncles.
Well, if you are–or were–from Science Stream, here are some things you’ll completely, 100 per cent relate to:
1. You’re automatically perceived as the nerd or smarty pants in your group, especially by the Art Stream students
Despite the fact that you’re struggling to pass Add Maths and getting straight B’s or C’s in your exams.
2. That surprised look you get every time people find out you love to party, or listen to rock music/ EDM/ hip hop
No, science stream students don’t just sit around sipping tea and listening to jazz all day.
Also, it’s not like what we study has any correlation with our music preference or hobbies, kan?
3. Your friends/ relatives/ teachers instantly assume you’ll become a doctor or engineer in the future
Padahal, you actually want to become a writer or businessman.
4. Questioning half of the things you’re studying and when dafuq you’ll ever use it in life
Algebra? Calculus? Sure, let me find ‘x’ when I buy something from the supermarket!
5. ‘Automatically’ being placed into science stream just because you were ‘smart’ or did well for your PMR/PT3
Let’s be honest, you didn’t give it a second thought. It’s a normal thing to just masuk Science Stream right?
6. Plus you know either your parents or kepochi relatives WILL freak tf out if you said you wanted to pursue Art Stream instead
To those kepochi relatives: NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION!
7. Wishing you could take Art Stream subjects like Ekonomi Asas or English Literature
These subjects always seemed a lot more interesting but we could never take them because we were stuck in science stream. Even if we were allowed to, we’d have to attend extra classes and study for additional papers during SPM. As if 10 subject not enough.
8. Attending your first few classes and realising you never want to pursue anything science-related in the future, ever
Science subjects are cool and everything, but as a full-time job? Count me out, tks.
9. Having high hopes pinned on us like, “you’re the future of Malaysia”
We are ALL the future of Malaysia regardless of what we study and we ALL have a role to play. Not just us science students, excuse me.
10. “You’re all smart students, you shouldn’t be talking in class”
As if talking is so shocking right? I mean come on, we’re 16 and 17 year olds! What do you expect!
11. The never ending battle between Science vs. Art stream students on who has it tougher
This argument probably still happens now between friends, even though we’ve left the menengah life a long time ago. Why so kiasu? Both also hard lah.
12. That dramatic gasp everyone does when you did something wrong or bad ass because apparently, all Science Stream students are Mr./Mrs. Goodie Two Shoes (and are NOT supposed to be cool)
Whether we skipped class, got into trouble for talking, or kena denda because we reached school after Perhimpunan started, it’s always shocking to our friends. We can be pretty bad ass too okay!
Well, there you have it Science Stream peeps, just some of the most annoying things we had to go through while in high school. Obviously, there are still a hundred other annoying moments we have yet to include, but the list would be too crazy long wei.
Stay tuned for more!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...