A 12-year-old boy accidentally slipped while taking a bath and got a toilet brush lodged up his anus in a freak accident that happened on 22nd May 2019.
According China Press, the boy from Nantong City, Jiangsu Province in China was taking a bath when he slipped and fell onto a toilet brush which so happens was placed standing against the bathroom wall. The toilet brush handle pierced up his anus causing severe injuries.
Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time!
Not only that, the 10cm long handle, had also ruptured the boy’s small intestines, causing his faeces to spill into his abdominal cavity. This immediately caused abdominal infections and other symptoms like abdominal pain, frequent vomiting, high fever and even septic shock.
The boy was immediately brought for surgery where surgeons performed a laparoscopy – an operation performed in the abdomen or pelvis using small incisions with the aid of a camera – and found the situation to be more serious than they had thought.
The abdominal and pelvic area was filled with so much faeces that the surgeon could not find the hole that the toilet brush had pierced. However, the surgeon still managed to clear the faeces and located the hole in the upper part of the rectum.
In order to avoid further infection, the doctors had to do a Colostomy, which requires the boy to temporarily defecate through his abdominal wall into an external bag.
After four hours of surgery, the operation was successful. However, the boy was still unstable as he still continued to have high fever and was transferred to the intensive care unit.
For many months, the boy slowly recovered and was discharged in January 2020. In four months time, the boy will undergo another operation so that he can defecate normally again.
Phew, thankfully the boy recovered from that horrible freak accident!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...