fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

13yo M’sian Boy Saves Burning Longhouse, Says He Learned How To Use Fire Extinguisher At School

Published

on

13yo M'sian Boy Saves Burning Longhouse, Says He Learned How To Use Fire Extinguisher At School - WORLD OF BUZZ
Source: Sin Chew Daily & Pintrest

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

As a kid, some of you might remember having the abang bomba come visit your school to teach you what to do if you’re ever caught in a fire emergency. Most of us however, were just glad to have an excuse to not go to class. Thankfully, this young hero paid attention to what he was taught and managed to put out those fires before they got out of hand!

Recently, a 13-year-old boy by the name of Alexsidi Wilfred, used up two fire extinguishers to save an entire longhouse from burning down when a fire abruptly broke out in their two-unit kitchen in Kanowit, Sarawak on Monday (16th December).

According to Sin Chew Daily, chief Arrahman Chik from the Kanowit Fire and Rescue Department said that the fire was already extinguished when the firemen arrived at the scene of the incident thanks to the young hero’s quick thinking.

13yo M'sian Boy Saved 2 Longhouses From Burning Down After Learning How To Use A Fire Extinguisher In School - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: Malay Mail

“The teenager quickly grabbed a fire extinguisher and managed to douse it (the fire) before it spread to other parts of the longhouse.”

When asked about how he learned to use a fire extinguisher, Alexsidi said his school once invited a fireman to hold a fire prevention class and that’s how he discovered how to use the lifesaving equipment.

13yo M'sian Boy Saved 2 Longhouses From Burning Down After Learning How To Use A Fire Extinguisher In School - WORLD OF BUZZ 2

Source: Shuttershock

Good job, Alexsidi! Hopefully more schools can get into the habit of holding lectures like these so the kids of today know how to act in the event of an emergency. 

 

Also read: House In Perak Short Circuits, Causing Sparks and Fire That Pose Life-Threatening Hazard

Bomba Arrives At The Scene Of A House Short Circuit-ing, Netizens Inform That Only TNB Is Authorized To Shut Down Power Outlet - WORLD OF BUZZ 1

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Latest Videos

Announcement



TRENDING TODAY