Oh no, this is such a tragic loss! Many of us like to use our phones while they are charging but this can lead to detrimental consequences. A 16-year-old student was recently discovered dead in his home at Kampung Gaing Baru Pedas, Negeri Sembilan while he was sleeping.
Based on a report by Sinar Harian, the boy identified as Mohd. Aidil Azzahar Zaharin was found dead at around 12.45pm on Monday (December 4) by his mother when she saw that he looked like he was motionless. He was found with his charging smartphone and was wearing his earphones while sleeping in his bed.
Apparently, the cause of death was due to electrocution from his charging smartphone that travelled to his body through his earphones. District police chief Deputy Superintendent Anuar Bakri Abdul Salam said that the boy’s mother had left for work at around 7.45am and saw Aidil lying on the floor of the bedroom and thought that he was still asleep.
However, she went home during lunchtime but was surprised to see her son still in the same position in his room so she went in to wake him up. His mother said that when she tried to wake Aidil up and touched him, his body felt cold. She immediately contacted a nearby clinic and a medical officer rushed over to the house to check on the boy. The boy was confirmed to have passed away hours earlier.
Checks on Aidil’s body showed that there were no signs of bruises or wounds except for his left ear, which was bleeding and had burn marks. Anuar Bakri said, “It is believed that the victim was wearing the earphones that were connected to the charging smartphone that was beside him.”
Aidil’s brother said that when he tried to turn off the electrical outlet, he felt a slight electrical shock when he touched the cable. Post-mortem reports from the Seremban Tuanku Jaafar Hospital confirmed that the victim had died due to electrocution.
Photos of Aidil and his case circulated on social media with users warning parents to pay attention to their children so that a similar tragedy would not occur.
Be careful and it might be best not to use your phone while it’s charging!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...