We might think that fireworks are only scary for people who are scared of loud noises or babies. But what we always forget is that animals are terrified of those sounds too!
An 18-week-old terrier puppy in the UK has died of a heart attack after being frightened by fireworks, reported Sky News.
The owner, Susan Paterson posted in a group on Facebook about how Molly, her 18-week-old terrier, “died of fright” due to “loud bangs” going off in the Wombwell and Darfield area in South Yorkshire.
In the same post, she urges the public to think about the animals as well and to be considerate! Later on, she added another comment,
“We are still trying to make sense of what happened. Dreading the fireworks again tonight.”
In other news, a 60-year-old woman also shared about how her pet rabbit had died of shock because of fireworks.
“He was happily eating his supper at 5.30pm, then the fireworks started. He let out a squeal and laid on his side and wouldn’t stop shaking.”
The next morning, she saw that her 1-year-old pet rabbit had passed away.
I am not sure how I feel right now , so upset 😪, but so dam angry too.😡🤬. He was Happily eating his supper this evening at 5.30, then the Fireworks started ffs, it's the 3rd of November not the 5th, he let out a squeal and laid on his side, now wont stop shaking. Veterinary advice keep him warm and quiet, and all you can do is hope for the best. It's a shock reaction. Well thank you very much I hope the money you spent for a few seconds of horrible noise was worth it !!!
Posted by Donna Pilgrim on Saturday, November 2, 2019
Both of the grieving owners have urged the public to sign a petition whose aim is to ban fireworks for the welfare of animals.
About 500,000 concerned people have now signed the petition. If you’re not convinced of the effects that fireworks have on animals, watch this video.
This is how animals can be affected by fireworks. Bear this in mind in the run up to Bonfire Night
Posted by LADbible on Thursday, November 1, 2018
At the end of the day, we need to remember that fireworks are explosives that cause loud noises. Loud, sudden noises can cause elderly people, babies and animals to suffer from shock , and sometimes, it leads to death. Even when you are there, there will be chances of accidents happening, plus, fireworks are not environmentally friendly as well!
What do you think about this? Tell us in the comments below!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...