Many of us think nothing of using our phones when it’s charging but you may want to reconsider doing that after reading this article. An 18-year-old girl from Odisha, India has reportedly died after she talked on her mobile phone while she was charging it.
According to The New Indian Express, Uma Oram was using her phone before it exploded. She had been talking on the phone with a relative when she noticed that the battery on her mobile phone was draining so she decided to charge it.
She plugged her phone to the charger and continued with her conversation. Suddenly, tragedy struck when the mobile phone exploded with a bang and the teenager fell unconscious. OMG! She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered that she had suffered severe burn injuries to her hand, chest and leg.
Sadly, when she arrived at the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), she was declared dead by the doctors there. RIP. Her brother, Durga Prasad Oram said, “The cell phone was put on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital.”
It is unclear what phone model it was but photos showed a Nokia brand emblazoned on the phone that exploded. Uma’s family has demanded for compensation from the phone manufacturer as they said that the phone was just launched last year.
However, Daily Mail reported that Nokia has denied that the phone was manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones.
“While we have not been able to independently verify the facts of any of these reports, we can confirm that the mobile phone in question was not manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones, set up in 2017 to create a new range of Nokia devices. At HMD Global, we are committed to producing high quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations.”
The police are currently investigating the case and Uma’s body has been sent for post-mortem.
Be careful when using your mobile phone while charging, everyone!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...