Make sure you chew your food and boba properly before swallowing, peeps! A 20-year-old man from Vietnam had been experiencing severe stomach pain for quite some time before he decided to go to the doctor for help. It was discovered that he had an intestinal obstruction due to drinking too much bubble tea and had to undergo surgery.
According to Vietnam Net, the man said that since mid-July, he had been experiencing dull pain for about 20 days. His condition deteriorated and the pain worsened until he could not take it anymore. He went to the clinic but after five days of treatment, his stomachache did not get better.
The young man’s family sent him to the hospital for treatment on 19th August and after careful examination, the doctor determined that the patient was suffering from intestinal obstruction. He said that this was due to undigested food residue and the obstruction was too hard and solid, which means it could not be crushed.
The doctor had no choice but to perform surgery on the young man. During the surgery, the doctor removed two large black clumps from his intestines. They discovered that the clumps were large blocks of tapioca starch and when asked, they found that the man used to work in a bubble tea shop.
He became very fond of the beverage and would often choose to drink bubble tea instead of eating proper food as his meal. Often, he would replace all of his three main meals by just drinking bubble tea three times a day, which is a very unhealthy habit. Your body needs proper food!
The doctor said that the young man’s case was very serious and he was lucky that the obstruction was removed quickly – otherwise he could have died. The doctor said that the intestinal obstruction could lead to infection and necrosis, which can deteriorate to organ failure and ultimately, death.
He advises other people to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with enough fibre and drink plenty of water. Although tapioca flour itself, the main ingredient in boba, won’t cause constipation, boba has other additives that can cause digestive issues if consumed excessively.
That’s scary! Remember, everything in moderation, guys!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...