Vape pens might not be as safe as you think!
A 24-year-old golfer from Sheffield was severely burned on his chest when his vape exploded in his pocket and set his car on fire!
According to Metro UK, Will Hawksworth was in the car with his girlfriend while they were on the way home from the supermarket. His vape, which was in his shirt pocket, suddenly started shooting out sparks. As he was pulling over, the vape’s battery suddenly exploded and set his clothes on fire.
The vape burnt through his clothes and fell down the side of the car seat. He then got out of the car, took his clothes off and covered himself in snow.
“I got out the car and my clothes were hanging off me. They were all burnt – I had bits of clothes I was trying to peel off,” he said, according to The Sun.
And as if suffering such severe burns wasn’t bad enough, his car caught on fire too! As the vape had fallen between the seats of the Audi A5 he was driving, it caused the whole vehicle to go up in flames.
Will was then rushed to Northern General Hospital, where he was treated for second and third degree burns.
“It felt like I was being burnt alive. It was the most painful thing you could ever imagine. My clothes burnt onto my chest and my skin was completely burnt,” he said.
After being treated for six hours, Will was allowed to go home but still attended regular appointments at a burns clinic. He was given the option of a skin graft, but he declined the offer as he didn’t want to create any more wounds to his body.
However, he said that his appearance does bother him, especially when he is on a holiday.
“My skin gets very aggravated when it’s hot. I can’t really expose it to the sun. It is horrible to live with now. It could have ended so much worse. I feel lucky to be alive,” he said.
“I’ll never go near a vape pen ever again. They are lethal.”
Ouch! Use e-cigarettes at your own risk, guys.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...