It’s not the first time that someone has died due to a charging mobile phone and it looks like it won’t be the last! Now, a 28-year-old Thai man from Nong Hiang subdistrict in Chonburi was found dead at his home at 7pm on December 2nd.
The Pattaya News reported that the man, identified as Kittisak Moonkitti, was found dead while he was lying on a mattress in his room. One of his hands was gripping his mobile phone, which was attached to a charger and plugged into an electrical outlet.
His hand had obvious burn marks and it is believed that he was electrocuted to death due to his mobile phone. It was his mother, Rinnaphon Moonkitti, 57, who found him as she wanted to ask him to come out for dinner. She went to his room and thought that he was sleeping as he was unresponsive but when she tried to wake him up, she was shocked to find that he was already dead.
Reports from the doctor at the scene said that Kittisak had likely died due to an electric shock in a “freak” accident. This is the second time that a similar accident has happened in Chonburi, Thailand recently. The police said that they will send Kittisak’s remains for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
Be careful and make sure your cable and charger is working well!
#Throwback: Inspiring M’sians Who’ve Proven That It Takes Just a Bit of Guts to Spread Love & Make a Difference
Having the courage to show someone you love or care for them definitely takes a certain level of guts–no matter...
Here’s How M’sians Can Use PETRONAS Mesra Points Online & Redeem with AirAsia, Sunway Lagoon & More!
If you’re not a PETRONAS Mesra Card holder, you’re missing out big time! Here’s why you NEED to be a...
Win a Trip For 2 to Rio, London & More to visit the Iconic Olympic Stadiums From the Past! Here’s How
The very first time Malaysia participated in the Summer Olympics was back in 1964, wayyy before any of you were...