Parents, you might want to keep your child far, far away from the stove after you read this! This mother in Melaka recently shared her terrible experience on Facebook when her fairly new stove suddenly exploded and injured her two-year-old son.
According to China Press, the incident took place at around 4.45pm on August 18 but she posted it about one week after that as her son was still in the hospital. At that time, she was in the kitchen cutting some fruits and on the stove next to her, there was a pot of herbal tea boiling away merrily.
“My son was behind me waiting for me to finish and just as I wanted to turn around I heard a loud, exploding sound and glass shattering. I glanced at my tempered glass stove and realised that it had exploded which was when I wanted to quickly carry my son out. However, my son was shocked by the loud noise and fell down on the floor. It was too late, as the pot of boiling herbal tea had fallen as well and splashed all over the kitchen, injuring my son,” she said.
The worried mother splashed some cool water on her son and rushed him to the hospital where the doctor said that her poor son was suffering from second-degree burns. It was so bad that 30% of his body was burnt by the boiling liquid that fell from the pot.
“My son was crying his eyes out from the excruciating pain that he was suffering from. Only a small part of my leg got burnt and I already felt that it was quite painful so imagine what my little boy was feeling,” she said.
After about a week in the hospital, her son was finally discharged and she was relieved that the ordeal was over as he was healing well. However, she says that she wrote the post to warn other parents to be careful when using tempered glass stoves as her stove had only been purchased a few months ago.
She also said that she would not disclose the brand as she wanted to wait for the company to explain on this matter first and would consider exposing them if they did not give a satisfactory response. The mother had also asked one of her relatives to file a police report and she had lodged a complaint with the stove seller but so far, they did not make any reply.
Hopefully, her son will make a full recovery and do take note, parents!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...