It’s really important to make sure that there is proper ventilation when you’re cooking, especially if you’re using a gas stove! Three people in this house in Nanning, China suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning when the grandfather, identified as Liang, decided to do some cooking.
According to Sohu, the incident happened in early October where Liang had suddenly decided that he wanted to make a meal. However, when he started cooking in the kitchen, he did not turn off the air-conditioning or turn on the ventilation at the cooker hood.
His sister and grandson were sitting in the living room, and one hour into Liang’s cooking session, they began to feel that something was not right. They were feeling rather uncomfortable and decided to go inside the kitchen to look for Liang. When they found him, Liang said he was feeling really unwell and had lost the ability to talk.
All three of them were rushed to the hospital, where they were diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of all the unreleased gas fumes produced when Liang was cooking. The doctor said that all of them had different levels of carbon monoxide poisoning with Liang’s condition being the most serious.
In fact, his carbon monoxide poisoning was so severe that he fell into a coma but luckily, after two hours of emergency treatment, the doctor managed to revive Liang. The doctor said that the carbon monoxide poisoning was due to Liang cooking with a gas stove and not opening the windows or doors, which meant that the levels of carbon monoxide could only get higher and higher.
The doctor said that in more severe cases if treatment is not thorough, then there could have been delayed brain damage such as memory loss, cognitive decline or speech problems even one to two months after the incident.
Whoa, didn’t know that could happen! Make sure you have good ventilation when cooking, guys!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...