Connect with us

Viral

37yo Man Catches Fire After Wiping Himself With Alcohol to Disinfect Skin From Coronavirus

Published

on

37yo Man Catches Fire After Wiping Himself With Alcohol to Disinfect His Skin From Coronavirus - WORLD OF BUZZ 1
Source: Sin Chew Daily

The fear that the new coronavirus has instilled into people has made them do outrageous things, like wiping themselves with alcohol to disinfect themselves from the virus.

However, what they fail to realise is that alcohol is highly flammable.

According to Sin Chew Daily, a 37-year-old man who works at a polyester yarn factory in Hangzhou suffered third-degree burns on his face, neck and hands after he caught fire at work.

Although the factory has recently been closed down due to the coronavirus outbreak, Xiao Zhang still goes to work every day to repair and maintain the machines.

On 8th February, Xiao Zhang wiped his head, face, neck and limbs with alcohol to disinfect his skin before heading to the factory.

However, while working near a heating stove, his clothes caught on fire and he was instantly engulfed in flames.

He was rushed to the hospital where the doctor revealed that 15% of Xiao Zhang body suffered second to third degree burns, of which the injuries on his neck were the most fatal. His respiratory tract was also burned.

The doctor immediately did a tracheotomy and intubation on Xiao Zhang, where an incision was made on the neck to open a direct airway to his trachea.

“If you don’t make an incision, vomiting will occur within 24 hours, and the patient may be at risk,” the doctor said.

Now, Xiao Zhang may have difficulty using his hands as the burns on his hands are very serious. He may also need rehabilitation treatment after surgery and multiple skin grafts as well.

Doctors have advised that using small amounts of alcohol for disinfection purposes is enough. If a large amount is needed, it is advisable to avoid open flames or power switches until the alcohol has evaporated.

This is not the only case of people catching on fire. A Chinese citizen sprayed herself with alcohol to sterilise herself, but when she walked into her kitchen, a fire and explosion happened, causing her serious injuries.

 

Also read: Watch: Wuhan Woman Purposely Spits On Doorknob, Has 30 Infected People In Her Residence

Watch: Wuhan Woman Purposely Spits On Doorknob, Has 30 Infected People In Her Residence - WORLD OF BUZZ 1

TRENDING