Most of us who study or work in the city would know that life in Klang Valley can be fairly hectic and stressful. That’s why we treasure our weekends so much! Well, in case you’re on the lookout for places to escape to that doesn’t require a long drive, here are some chill and rustic locations in and around Klang Valley you could visit to forget about all your worries:
1. Get lost in the middle of a rainforest at Templer Park Rainforest Retreat @ Rawang
One of the best places to be if all you want to do is sit back, relax and take in some fresh air. Although it’s located fairly close by to the city centre, this rainforest retreat area is situated on a hilltop surrounded by the Kanching Rainforest Reserve. What to expect:
- Surround yourself with greenery and enjoy scenic views overlooking nearby mountains
- There’s also a lake and golf course nearby
- Take a dip in the pool right in the middle of the rainforest
Address: 22, Jalan 3/2, Templer Height, Templer Park, 48000 Rawang, Selangor.
2. Do some retail therapy at one of the most rustic stores you’ll ever find: Snackfood @ Bangsar
From fashion to homely decor and general curiosities, you’ll be able to find it all here at Snackfood. This quaint little store even sells Kinfolk, Uppercase and Smith Journals magazines. What to expect:
- Two resident cats by the name of Blackjack and Terror roam around the store freely so be sure to give them a pet
- The rustic decor, wooden floors, and organised mess in the store will make you feel like right at home
- Find a whole range of statement home pieces, bags, accessories, specialty books and more!
Address: 17a, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, KL.
3. If you have green fingers or you just enjoy being surrounded by greenery, visit the Free Tree Society @ Bangsar
Established in 2013, this environmental organisation spreads the environmental stewardship message by giving away trees to the public for FREE in hopes of creating a greener earth. What to expect:
- Get hands-on experience on how you can help mother nature through their many workshops which cover topics ranging from environmental awareness, waste management to rainwater harvesting, gardening, biodiversity and more.
- On special giveaway days, you can drop by and take a plant home with you, for FREE!
- If you have time on your hands, come and volunteer and give birth to newly potted plants (no gardening experience required)
Address: 91, Jalan Limau Purut, Bangsar, KL.
4. Channel your inner Picasso and visit this contemporary artspace known as Lostgens’ @ Jalan Panggong
Birthed in 2004 by a collective of artists, this space started as a private project to host indie artists and showcase unique works to the world. What to expect:
- Unique exhibitions of artworks from artists of different backgrounds
- Talks and workshops conducted by professionals
- A quiet yet edgy space where you can admire beautiful artwork and be at peace with your thoughts too
Address: 8c, Jalan Panggong, KL.
5. Check out the Strongbow Nature Takes Over experience @ S’MORES, Plaza Arkadia where nature meets the city
Speaking of bringing nature to the city, Strongbow Apple Ciders has worked with three celebrated Malaysian nature artists to transform S’mores Arkadia into an urban-meets-nature oasis! What to expect:
- Enjoy a bar taken over by different elements of nature from around the world ranging from hanging terrariums, African cacti and tropical green plants
- Pair that with ice-cold Strongbow Apple Ciders for a truly refreshing experience
FYI, one of the collaborators happens to be Eunice Teoh, the principle florist behind the Hollywood smash hit Crazy Rich Asians.Moss Boss also happens to be the expert behind the gorgeous terrarium landscaping as well. Last but not least, Sputnik Forest Labs also worked their nature charm by transforming the interior and exterior spaces with plants into expressions of visual arts. So be sure to check out the Strongbow Nature Takes Over experience at S’MORES:
Date: 2 – 11 August 2019
Time: 12pm – 12am, daily
Location: S’MORES, F-G-1, Plaza Arkadia, Desa Park City, 52200, KL.
What are you waiting for?! Grab your friends and head to S’MORES ASAP okay! For more info, check out this page.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...