As Malaysians, we are a simple bunch. We like to makan, tidur, enjoy time with our friends and most of all, we like to do it easily. If there is anything that we find leceh, confirm we won’t do it.
But there are some leceh things that we can’t escape from no matter how hard we try; here are just some of them!
1. When you’re trying to get your friends to RSVP for something
We all love our friends but the struggle is real when we need to get everyone to confirm and RSVP for any sort of makan gathering or special occasion! It can take forever for everyone to finally agree on a date and if not, sure got that one person who will be super picky about either the time or place.
2. When you’ve JUST finished washing your car and it starts raining
Source: The Star
Our Malaysian weather can get pretty crazy, so when there is a bright and sunny day out, most of us would take the opportunity to wash our cars (whether you do it yourself or send it somewhere else to get it done).
However, most of us would’ve probably experienced this: that moment when you’ve finished washing the car, but that’s when the first few drops of rain happen, followed by a heavy shower. Noooo!
3. Deciding where to makan for lunch with your ‘gang’
Whether you’re still studying or working, this is a daily problem for all of us and deciding on a place to eat can really take forever to be sorted out. Especially when everyone says “anything”! By the time you all finally decide, you end up feeling like this…
4. When you ask your family if they want you to tapau anything and they reply only AFTER you’ve left the place
Sometimes, when you’re out and on the way back home, you ask your family if they want anything. You wait for a few minutes for a response but there’s nothing. So you ciao la right?
It’s usually just as you reach home though that you get a message from one of them asking for something. Ok, maybe next time we just call lah.
5. When you’re in a rush and end up behind a driver with a ‘P’ sticker
Yeap, this has probably happened plenty of times to all of us and the worst thing is when you’re stuck behind this ‘P’ driver and there is no way for you to ‘potong’ ahead of them.
6. When you wear something white and end up with stains from your saucy Malaysian food
Malaysia is the land of good food but chances are, most of the stuff that we eat have sauces, which will only leave behind stains on our baju at some point (especially when we wear white)! T_T What, we love our soups, kicaps, and curries!
7. All the things that come with having to deal with money
If you think about it, there are a lot of troublesome things that come with having to deal with money on a daily basis. Some of them include:
- When shops don’t accept your money because the amount is too big and there’s no ATM machine or friends around to get smaller change from
- When you go out to lunch and pay for your friends first but then they also can’t pay back cos no small change
- When you need to take out your coins and count them to pay for something
- Having to actually carry coins around with you, which makes your wallet berat
At least most Malaysians don’t have to go through this leceh moment anymore, especially now with the all-new GrabPay! All you have to do is top up your wallet with your credit or debit card via online banking or from any 7-Eleven and you’re all set to go.
Apart from paying for your GrabRides, here are some of the cool things you can do with GrabPay:
- Pay for your food and drinks. There are more than 500 famous F&B places covered including KGB, Teochew Chendul and Inside Scoop.
Pro-Tip: Use GrabPay at Inside Scoop until 9 Aug 2018 and pay only RM3 for a scoop of their standard ice cream! Yums! Find out more info about that and other cool deals here.
- Send credits to any of your family and friends via the app. You can easily use this convenient feature once you upgrade your wallet by uploading your identification card. This is required by Bank Negara Malaysia for security purposes, by the way.
- Earn more GrabRewards points, which you can then use to redeem some awesome treats, like the ones below!
And that’s just a few of the perks available. Best part? You don’t even need to download any new app! All you have to do is just access it through your existing Grab app.
It’s all connected, so you can easily use it throughout your day as well – for your GrabRides, drinks, meals and so forth. What’s even more awesome is that you can use it to pay for all the yummy food you order through GrabFood too. Wah, so convenient!
If you want more info on how you can make your life #NotSoLeceh, just check this out!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...