Christmas is just around the corner and that means, so is the new year! But with all the Christmas festivities taking place, and so little time left before the end of 2018, where to head to for new year countdown leh?!?!
Well, in case you’re cracking your head trying to think of a good place to countdown with friends and family and celebrate the new year, you could consider checking out Sunway Velocity Mall! They have an amazing line-up of activities on new year’s eve this 31 December, so if you’re looking for a lit NYE, here’s why you should drop by Sunway Velocity’s Countdown Party @ Jalan Peel, right in front of the mall:
1. Plenty of food trucks and stalls will be available in case you get hungry
Any good Malaysian event will, of course, have an array of food stalls available. The best part about the food that will be served here is that it will feature delicacies from all over the world, and at affordable prices!
You can expect over 20 food trucks and 30 stalls at the event, so you don’t have to worry about counting down on an empty stomach.
Time: 12pm onwards
2. Carnival booths and games to keep you entertained
If you’re one who enjoys carnival games, make sure you give the ones here a try! You can stand to win shopping cash vouchers and gifts when you play. Also, you can actually play these games for FREE!
Time: 12pm onwards
3. 3D photo booth and a street bazaar to keep yourself occupiedCapture some memories at the 3D photo booth or shop for some quirky new year’s gifts and knick-knacks for your friends at the street bazaar. Yes, besides doing your usual shopping in the mall, you can step outside and check out the bazaars too.
Time: 12pm onwards
4. Catch an amazing line-up of celebrity performances for FREEA ton of live performances are going to take place at this Countdown Concert, so if you want to sing and dance along to live music, this is where you need to be. Some of the artists and performers you can expect include Paperplane Pursuit, Faizal Tahir, Alvin Chong, Jenn Chia, Dayang Nurfaizah, Juztin Lan, Dennis Yin & Crew, Khai Bahar, Rejuvenate, and more!
Time: 9pm onwards
5. Watch fireworks light up the night sky in the heart of Cheras
It’s going to be lit!
After all, no new year countdown is complete without a sky full of bright, multi-coloured fireworks. What’s more, if you don’t want to get stuck amidst the KL city crowd, this venue offers another perfect vantage point for you to catch the beautiful fireworks display.
6. You can shop ’til you drop all the way until midnight
Now, where else can you find a mall in Malaysia that stays open until midnight, especially on new year’s eve? It’s every shopaholic’s dream come true! On 31 December only, Sunway Velocity Mall’s Ground floor and Level 1 will stay open throughout the day until 12am.
This means that you’ll be able to shop at stores like Adidas Originals, Bath & Body Works, Charles & Keith, ALDO, Laneige, Victoria’s Secret, H&M, Cotton On, Hush Puppies, Uniqlo and so much more, even after 10pm! And if you’d like to usher in the new year with some drinks, head on over to Morganfield’s or Chili’s too!
7. Plenty of parking and public transport available
You don’t have to worry about having to fight for parking or parking in some dodgy back alley because there’s plenty of parking available in Sunway Velocity.
Better yet, if you plan to take public transport to beat the jam, you’ll be glad to know that operating hours for nearby trains have been extended. Check out the extended schedule below;
LRT – Ampang Line (6am – 1am)
- Station – Taman Maluri
KL MRT (hours extended until 1am)
- Station 1 – Cochrane
- Station 2 – Maluri
Additionally, if you’d like to take a Grab here, you can use the promo code SVMNYE2019 to get RM5 off each way too. Valid for the first 1,000 rides only.
8. Free VeloKiddie, VeloStudent Club and Sunway Pals membership registrations are available here too
Types of memberships you can sign up for:
- VeloKiddie membership
- For those 12 years and below
- Sunway Pals
- Usable at all Sunway malls
- VeloStudent Club Membership (New)
- For those between 13 and 25 years old
- Gain daily discounts of up to 40%
- Bring along your student ID to sign up
All these memberships will give you great perks and incentives at Sunway Velocity and other Sunway malls. So sign up je!
What’s more, if you visit Sunway Property’s booth at the carnival on 31 December, you would be receiving extra perks and early bird incentives for the Sunway Velocity Two Residence. If you’d like to find out more prior to visiting, check out their website now!
How great does this countdown party sound? So many things to do, performances to watch, plus, there’s something for everyone here! From games, shopping and live music, to food and drinks, and so much more.
To make things sweeter, you can even stand a chance to win a 2D1N stay with breakfast at Sunway Velocity Hotel! Here’s how:
- Take a selfie of yourself at the carnival and/or concert
- Post it on social media with the hashtags #SunwayVelocityMall #SVM2019Countdown and #SunwayVelocityHotel (make sure your account is public!)
- Wait for the announcement on Sunway Velocity’s Facebook page to see if you’ve won!
If you’re keen, hurry up, grab your friends and family and make sure you head to Sunway Velocity Mall this 31 December 2018! Don’t miss out on this FREE countdown party that will definitely give you a night to remember.
Find out more about this Sunway Velocity Mall event here.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...