Whether it was Kindergarten, Primary school, Secondary school or Uni, these different stages of our lives have given us countless, unforgettable memories to hold on to for life. And although we’ve all got many great memories, the most significant ones we’ll probably remember is when we were transitioning from Primary school and entering Secondary school. Here are some of those memories that will definitely give you an instant dose of nostalgia:
1. That crush we all had on the Form 5 senior(s)
As brand new freshmen, it was only natural to have a crush on practically every single senior we bumped into. The best part was when we ended up being in the same “rumah sukan” as them and got to see them during sports day. #bestdayever
2. Switching from velcro school shoes to laced up shoes ’cause we became “big boys” and “big girls” already
Because everyone knows only “kids” wear velcro shoes. And I was no kid. I was a cool, mature, and independent 13-year-old.
3. Food coma and almost/completely dozing off during class became a daily routine
Especially for those of us who not only had to attend class right after lunch, but also when classes started at noon, because everyone knows noon is the best time for naps. Zzz…
4. The start of Menengah school life was somehow the start of everyone’s emo phase too
Remember when all of us 13- and 14-year-olds listened to emo bands like Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, and felt like the coolest kids ever? Yeah, let’s also not forget our emo eye-covering bangs and choppy, layered hairstyles.
5. Creating your own ‘books’ because let’s be honest, ain’t nobody got time to fill up that Buku Nilam!
Source: The New Minded
From the book title, author, to synopsis – it all came from our own imaginations. That’s real creativity right there!
6. When you start being a rebel and try to sneak food from the kantin into class every single day
What to do, must stay full and hydrated mah!
7. Forgetting to bring a textbook so you borrow it from your friend from another class… Especially when it’s a garang teacher’s subject
You move anxiously from class to class, asking, “Eh, can borrow your BM textbook ah? I return it to you after two periods.”
8. When puberty hit and we started having sensitive, oily skin plus the breakouts
Being out in the scorching afternoon sun and humidity didn’t help either.
The worst part is, some of us are still facing the same sensitive skin problems even 10 years later. From dry and dark skin to sensitive, oily acne-prone complexion. Sien ah.
If you’re one of the unfortunate ones still struggling to keep your face looking and feeling fresh, smooth and healthy, make sure you get skincare products that suit you! One pro tip is to make sure you look out for products that contain specific natural ingredients to help with different skin problems such as:
- Rose, Coconut and Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate dry skin
- Vitamin C and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHAs) to brighten dull and dark skin
- Charcoal, Green Tea, Retinol & Salicylic Acid to treat sensitive and acne-prone skin
And if you happen to be looking for new products that contain any of the above ingredients and more, why not give Sephora a visit! You can find a multitude of skincare brands to suit your different skin type needs (and budget) at any of the Sephora outlets. Moreover, it’s super convenient since all the renowned skincare brands are found in one place and you can compare the benefits, ingredients and prices one shot!
So, make sure you visit a Sephora outlet near you soon or find out more about Sephora and their wide range of skincare brands and products here!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...