For a young family, their young toddler had somehow inhaled a minuscule watch battery, where it wound up being lodged in her throat.
As shared over social media by Thai netizen Arak Wongworachat, the unfortunate incident was said to have befallen a young three-year-old girl after her mother had found her daughter suffering from an abrupt shortness of breath and a constant runny nose.
Upon initial inspection, Arak suspected that the girl had been suffering from an obstruction to her nostril and immediately took her to hospital.
At the hospital where the girl’s X-rays had been conducted, they eventually found the cause of her breathing difficulties: a small watch battery that she had somehow inhaled, which was now lodged into her windpipe.
Instructed to fast for surgery, the young girl was then put under anesthesia before a medical team could then operate on her left nostril to remove the battery. However, before they could do that, they had to drain off a good amount of pus which had accumulated in the girl’s windpipe.
As it turns out, not only had the watch battery found itself stuck in her windpipe, it had also gradually began to corrode, melting the surrounding soft tissue that lined her throat, turning it brown and black.
Removing the battery, doctors had to then cut away the corroded tissue from her throat. She was then prescribed a dose of antibiotics before being declared healthy after a week long hospital stay.
So if you have any little kids running about the house, always keep a close eye on them! You never know what they can be up to!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...