With e-cigarettes and vapes becoming more and more popular now, it’s terrifying to know that such an incident actually happened to someone.
A vape pen exploded in a 17-year-old’s mouth as he was using it, and the blast shattered his jaw and knocked out his teeth!
Adam from the U.S. was trying to quit smoking so he turned to electronic cigarettes instead. He asked his mom to purchase the device from a company called VGOD, in hopes this will curb his tobacco addiction.
P.S.: U.S. researchers found that lithium-ion batteries used for vape devices are not really all that safe and explosions can occur when the device overheats.
His mom told NBC,
“Austin came in with his hand up to his mouth.”
She added that he could not speak and was in shock.
Doctors said that the blast tore a hole in Adam’s gums and that the tissue “kind of got vapourised”. On top of that, his lips were blackened and burnt from the blast as well.
It’s scary to know that the explosion was totally unexpected as the teenager did not recall doing anything wrong with the device before.
So, if you’re using a vape device or planning to get one, always buy from legitimate sellers and do NOT go for knockoff brands as they are often not well tested out before going into the market. Hence, something similar may just happen!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...