With several positive Covid-19 cases surfacing in shopping malls all over the Klang Valley, it is easier to believe when there are messages circulating around about potential cases in other places. However, it is the responsibility of recipients to double-check if the information they have received is true or not.
1 Utama has come forward with a statement on their Facebook page to clarify that there have been NO confirmed cases in the mall to date after fake messages had circulated on WhatsApp.
Along with the post, 1 Utama attached several photos of the kind of messages that have been forwarded among WhatsApp users.
“With news of covid appearing around Klang Valley, we appreciate and understand that everyone is worried. So are we,” 1 Utama wrote.
“But it really doesn’t help things by making up imaginary brother-in-laws, yi ma ku cheh (aunties), this friend that friend, to cause misinformation and mass hysteria. Fear-mongering through drama mingguans (weekly drama) is not cool.”
“Early this year, Malaysians, businesses and retailers went through many hardships during the nationwide restricted movement order; most still struggling till now. We are all still on a fragile road to recovery and it is important that we stay united to help our country and economy stay safe and continue progressing.”
1 Utama then shares the steps they are taking in order to provide their visitors with a safe environment to shop and dine-in. Some of these include:
- Convenient Health QR for contact tracing (the first mall in Malaysia to develop and launch)
- Contactless AI Thermal Scanners
- High-Efficiency Air Filters to trap 90% of airborne particles and purifying air via powerful UV Lights
- Frequent building sanitization using hospital-grade disinfectants and UV misting and fogging
- Screening checks for staff, tenants and vendors at points of entrances and delivery bays
1 Utama also gives a piece of advice to shoppers to do their part too:
- Always keep your mask on (masks are compulsory for mall entry)
- Wash hands regularly and practice good hygiene
- Social distance when queuing, avoid crowding lifts and toilets
- Lastly, please don’t yell or give frontliners like security guards or shop staff a hard time when they request temperature checks and contact tracing – they are just trying to keep you safe. Trust us, it happens a lot. 😔
Always cross-check the information you receive before forwarding it to someone else to prevent unnecessary panic. What you can do is to stay safe and keep clean, especially when you’re out in public areas.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...