fbpx
Connect with us

News

Fire Breaks Out at Watsons in IOI City Mall, 300 People Evacuated by Firemen

Published

on

Fire Breaks Out at Watsons in IOI City Mall Putrajaya, 300 People Evacuated by Firemen - WORLD OF BUZZ
Source: Facebook / Oriental Daily

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A few hours ago, a fire shockingly broke out at IOI City Mall in Putrajaya, and shoppers as well as employees were forced to evacuate the building.

Netizens who happened to be in the building managed to record the incident and uploaded their footage on Facebook. From the videos, thick smoke could be seen filling up the building rapidly and that Watsons pharmacy was on fire.

According to Oriental Daily, the fire happened at 10.30am this morning and was believed to have started from Watsons that was located on the lower ground floor.

The spokesperson from the fire and rescue department said they received distress calls from members of the public in the morning and immediately dispatched several firemen from the Putrajaya Fire and Rescue Department to the scene.

“Since the fire happened in a shopping mall, the firemen had to act quickly and conducted the evacuation as fast as possible. About 300 people including shoppers and employees were evacuated,” the spokesperson said.

While the evacuation was going on, another team of firemen rushed to the pharmacy to put out the fire. It was reported that the fire was put out in a short time and no one was injured in the incident. Preliminary investigation revealed that a short circuit from the LED decorative lights at the counter was the cause of fire.

Source: Facebook

Following the incident, IOI City Mall has since issued a statement on Facebook.

“A small fire broke out at approximately 10.30am at Lower Ground Floor which was immediately contained by sprinklers. The mall was evacuated immediately in accordance to the mall’s safety procedures. No injuries sustained.”

All operations resumed within an hour, the statement added.

Thankfully no one was injured in this incident. Also, kudos to the abang bomba for putting out the fire in such a short time! 

 

Also read: Shopping Mall Cheats Customers by Giving 70% Off After Tripling Prices

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Latest Videos

Announcement



TRENDING TODAY