We are told to look out for gas leaks in our houses to prevent explosions, but not all of us remember to do so every single day.
An explosion occurred at a Penang apartment unit this morning (18 August) around 8 am. A total of FOUR walls in that unit collapsed due to the blast, and the occupant suffered 80% burns on his body.
According to China Press, the 62-year-old man was merely lighting up his lighter to smoke when the explosion happened in a blink of an eye.
A total of four people were in the flat unit at that time, including the owner’s son and his pregnant wife, as well as their 5-year-old son. Fortunately, they didn’t suffer any physical injuries from the explosion.
The 38-year-old son, Lee, explained that his family was sleeping in the unit this morning, while his father slept in the next room.
“My family and I were awakened by the explosion, and I knew right away that something terrible had happened.”
Lee mentioned that an entire wall in his room collapsed. As he rushed to the living room, he saw his father standing there, severely injured.
“The explosion had burned away all my father’s hair, and he suffers from burns all over his body. Even his skin fell off.”
Debris was scattered all over the place, and several pieces of furniture were blown out of the unit, including an air conditioner, compressor, and a television. The furniture fell from the 20th-floor apartment onto a platform on the 6th floor.
Investigations were carried out by the fire department, and they believed that the explosion was caused by a faulty gas regulator on gas tank which allowed gas to leak out. And the explosion occurred when the leaked gas was met with the fire from the lighter.
The elderly victim was sped to the hospital for treatment, and his family were still unable to visit him due to the complexity of his case.
It was also reported that the explosion was so forceful that the windows on the opposite unit shattered as well. The neighbours were shaken by this incident, and fortunately, none of the neighbours was near the collapsed walls at that time.
We pray for a speedy recovery for the uncle, and hopefully, his family will be able to relocate to a safe place for the time being.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...