Disclaimer: Images included in this article may be disturbing to some viewers.
More and more people are ditching conventional spectacles in favour of contacts as they are more convenient and ultimately, make us look better mah! However, inappropriate use of contacts may seriously damage a users’ eyes.
Just recently, Christina Wei took it to Facebook to share her daunting experience after her husband suffered from a severe eye infection due to prolonged wearing of the contact lenses. As a result, her husband spent the first 3 days of Chinese New Year at the hospital ward!
“We’ve always read on Facebook about the importance of cleanliness and not wearing contacts while sleeping as it could lead to eye infections. However, we didn’t take it seriously,” said Christina.
According to Christina, her husband’s eyeball was already infected and started to swell after he slept with his contacts in. A few days later, while putting on his contacts, he accidentally injured his eye which was already swollen.
“Following the swelling, we went to see a general practitioner and he (husband) was given a bottle of eye-drops. However, after applying the eye-drops, the infection got worse,” she added.
After that, they immediately sought help from an ophthalmologist but it was too late.
“The doctor told us that his (husband) eyeball was severely damaged due to the infection. The eye-drops given by the general practitioner contains steroid, which sped up the growth of bacteria on the eye. As a result, his right eye turned blind. If the situation gets worse, he will have to undergo surgery to replace his cornea,” Christina added.
Her husband has been discharged yesterday but he still couldn’t see due to the severe damage. The doctor can only determine the visibility of his eyesight after he has fully recovered. The doctor would then determine whether a cornea replacement is needed or not.
Guys, eye infections are no joke. Sometimes it’s easy to take things for granted, so be extra careful if you’re a contact lens wearer. Be sure to sanitise your hands before putting on contacts and never wear them for prolonged hours.
The team at World Of Buzz wishes speedy recovery to Christina’s husband.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...