Oh no, this poor little doggo! Just last week, a starving stray dog caught the attention and sympathy of netizens when a kind man, John Paolo Santiago Navea took pity on it and decided to feed the dog with a plate of noodles.
However, he was shocked when he saw the malnourished dog eating hungrily but it couldn’t fill up its tummy as the noodles seemed to be falling out somewhere. When he took a closer look, he was horrified to find that the dog had a large hole in its throat but the dog did not seem to notice that it had a hole and continued gobbling hungrily.
He took a video of the dog eating and posted it on social media, where it quickly went viral. John said he had noticed the dog trying to drink some soapy water in the borough of Angat in the northern Philippine province of Bulacan. He took pity on the dog and gave it some clean water as well as a plate of noodles as the dog looked like it was starving.
Based on Coconuts’ translation, John said, “While I was watching the dog eat, I saw that some of the noodles it was eating was going out [somewhere] again,” he wrote in Filipino in the post. “When I looked closer, there was a huge hole in the dog’s neck. I assumed that the dog was supposed to be slaughtered but probably got away.” Poor little pooch!
In his caption, John also said that the practice of slaughtering dogs should be stopped and said that dog owners should be more responsible. He advised pet owners who did not want their pets to hand them over properly to a shelter or to the authorities and not just leave them alone to fend for themselves.
Luckily, the strike on the dog which injured its throat did not seem to be deadly as the dog did not appear to be bleeding. Under Filipino law, under Section 9 of Republic Act 8485 (The Animal Welfare Act of 1998), “Any person who subjects any animal to cruelty, maltreatment or neglect shall, upon conviction by final judgment, be punished by imprisonment and/or fine.”
If convicted, the person could face imprisonment of at least one year and one day to a maximum of one year and six months, and/or a PHP50,000 (RM3,900) fine. John said that he will look for the dog and take it for treatment to a veterinary clinic. Meanwhile, other netizens were sympathetic as well with many of them offering to help the dog when they saw the video.
Based on some of the recent comments, it appears that the dog has since been found and taken to a clinic.
Watch the video here:
Let’s hope the dog will recover fast!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...