Here Are The Guidelines to Apply For a New FINAS Licence
With the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS) saga going on, Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah clarified that social media users are free to use platforms like TikTok and YouTube to produce videos as usual without having to apply for a licence.
But, what if some of us needed to apply for one?
Here is a list of guidelines we have found on the official website of FINAS to inform the public on the procedures required.
An applicant must first completely fill in the Application for New License (BPL -1). This form is available at the headquarters of the Licensing & Enforcement Department of FINAS, or any Regional Offices or Branch.
If you didn’t want to pay the office a visit, you could also download the form from the FINAS website www.finas.gov.my for free.
According to different types of application, it was stated that the BPL-1 form must be duly completed and attached with the following documents:
For the application for Sole Proprietorship/Partnership (Registration of Business)
- Copy of individual identification card and partners (if any)
- Approval from the Companies Commission of Malaysia or the latest Business Information Form
For the application of a private limited company (Registration)
- Memorandum of Company Association
- Form 24 for shareholders
- Form 32A if there is a change of shares
- Form 49 for the Company’s Directors
For applicants who apply for a Production Film/Video license only: –
- Applicants must be registered as owners of a private limited company
- Paid-up Capital is not less than RM 50,000
- CV/Resume of all shareholders of the company
- Production planning for either drama, telemovie, advertising and others for a period of 3 years in clock form
- The current account statements of the company for the last 3 months
- One shareholder must be a member of any association either Persatuan Seniman Malaysia (SENIMAN), Persatuan Sutradara
- Malaysia (FDAM), Persatuan Pekerja Profesional Filem Malaysia ([PROFIMA (PPFM)], Persatuan Karyawan Malaysia
- (KARYAWAN), Persatuan Penulis Skrin Malaysia (SWAM) or Persatuan Penerbit Televisyen Malaysia (PTVM) by submitting a copy of the receipt or copy of an active membership card
- Letter of approval from MIDA and other correspondence related (for PV license applicants only)
*All documents must be certified true copies by the Company Secretary or the Companies Commission of Malaysia
As for the applicants who are doing businesses in shopping centres, stall or markets that are built by the Government or Private sector, they would need to provide the Premises Lease Agreement/Business Lot.
Here is a list of License Fee and deposit for Film Production (PF), Video Production (PV), Video Distribution (DV), Film Distribution (DF), Film Exhibition (EF) and Video Exhibition (EV):
Also read: TikTok & YouTube Users Are Free To Produce Videos AS USUAL Without Having To Apply For Licence
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About PM’s PEMERKASA Announcement
Earlier this evening, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin held a press conference to announce the new special aid package, named ‘PEMERKASA’....
PEMERKASA: Govt To Increase Allowance Limit For OKU Workers From RM1,200 To RM1,500
In today’s live broadcast by Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced that the government has agreed to increase...
PEMERKASA: Local SMEs To Receive RM1,000 Monetary Aid To Resume Operations
In today’s live broadcast by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced monetary aid to help small and medium...
PEMERKASA: RM500 One-off Aid For B40 Individuals Who Lost Their Income
In today’s live broadcast by the prime minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced a monetary initiative to help those who...
Popular Massage Parlour in Subang Jaya Raided By Police Officers During Ops Noda
On 13 March, a team of police from Subang Jaya’s D7 BSJD Branch has carried out a raid on a...
Lazada Turns 9 & They’re Launching The New ‘Lazada Bonus’ Feature Plus a Line-up of Surprises This March!
Having served the Malaysian online shopping community since 2012, Lazada celebrates its 9th anniversary this year with a new ‘Lazada...
Here’s How M’sians Can Show Their Skin Some Love & Achieve Their Skincare Goals By CNY
According to facial Feng Shui beliefs, clear and smooth skin is reflective of good intentions and smooth sailing for the...
MCO: Here’s How These M’sians Managed To Thrive & Sell 6,000-8,000kg of Produce a Month Thanks To Lazada
Just a few days ago, it was announced that the MCO will be reinstated and enforced on all states except...