Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, addressed the nation live today at 2.30 pm concerning additional initiatives and packages that will be implemented under Kita Prihatin, to improve the country’s economy during this pandemic. During the announcement, many initiatives were announced but if you couldn’t catch them all, don’t worry. Here’s everything important that was addressed:
1. The government will be introducing Wage Subsidy 2.0 (Subsidi Upah 2.0) to help businesses that are still suffering.
a) Wage subsidy will be given to employers affected i.e. companies that have faced a revenue reduction during MCO of at least 30% compared to the previous year.
b) Wage subsidy will be given for up to 3 months at the rate of RM600 per month for each employee for a maximum number of 200 employees.
c) Applications are open from 1 October to 31 December.
2. This Wage Subsidy Program will be open for companies registered with SOCSO until 31 August. For those who have never received assistance under the Wage Subsidy Program, they are eligible to receive subsidies for up to six months.
3. GKP (PRIHATIN Special Grant) applications open for micro-traders from 1 October to 31 October 2020. Targeted payments will be made from 25 November 2020.
4. Financial assistance in the form of BPN (Bantuan Prihatin Nasional) will be distributed.
5. RM1,000 will be given to 3.7 million B40 households. The first instalment of RM700 will be paid in October 2020. The second instalment of RM300 will be paid in January 2021.
6. RM500 will be given to 3.8 million citizens in the B40 group who are single.
7. RM600 will be given to almost 1.4 million M40 households.
8. RM300 will be given to 1.7 million citizens in the M40 group who are single.
9. BPN 2.0 payments will be made in two instalments: end of October 2020 and January 2021.
10. No application is required to receive the BPN 2.0 assistance. The government will channel this aid directly to 10.6 million recipients who were approved previously.
11. However, eligible applicants who have never received BPN, will be provided with new opportunities to appeal and apply.
These are the initiatives under the Kita Prihatin package for now. Stay tuned for more updates!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...