Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, addressed the nation live today (28 August) at 8pm and many tuned in to discover that the RMCO will be extended until 31 December. However, the Prime Minister also addressed many key points in his speech. If you couldn’t catch all of them, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with everything you need to know from tonight’s announcement:
- Stricter action will be taken for those involved in Covid-19 clusters (Sivagangga, Tawar, Sala, Sanglang in Perlis, and Sarawak) before the situation escalates.
- Nobody is exempted from the rules and any individual who is found flouting the law will be faced with full consequences.
- The price of compound fines will increase by twice/thrice the amount it initially costs.
- Entertainment sectors and nightclubs will remain closed due to the difficulty in maintaining social distancing.
- Foreign tourists are not allowed to enter the country to avoid imported cases.
- Sporting activities are allowed but international contestants and spectators will not be allowed to attend.
- Face masks prices might be reduced.
- The country’s borders will be tightened in order to curb the spread of the virus. The government maintains that it is mandatory for citizens who return from overseas and foreigners who enter the country to undergo the 14-day quarantine period in government quarantine stations.
- One of the approaches taken by the government to curb the Sivagangga cluster is Administrative EMCO for example like Aman Jaya, Sungai Petani.
- The Covid-19 fund arranged by NADMA will be extended till 31st December. Donations and contributions are open and will be directed towards victims in need.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...