PM Muhyiddin has just unveiled his economic stimulus package that’s worth up to RM250 billion that is set to benefit all members of the rakyat during this troubling time. If you didn’t catch his live stream speech, don’t worry! We got you covered with all the important details that you need to know here:
- Medical frontliners receive RM400-600 a month (doctors, nurses and medical staff starting 1st April 2020 until end of MCO.
- Army, PDRM, customs officers and RELA to receive RM200 starting 1st April 2020 until end of MCO).
- RM10 billion allocated for one-off payments to those in M40 group.
- RM1,600 for four million households that earn less than RM4,000 a month.
- RM1,000 for 1.1 million households that earn RM4,000-8,000 a month.
- RM800 for 3 million singles aged 21 and above who earn RM2,000 and below.
- RM500 for singles aged 21 and above who earn RM2,001-RM4,000 a month.
- Remaining cash donations that amount to RM3.2 billion under BSH Programme will be paid starting July 2020.
- Students in Higher-learning education institutions to receive one-off payments of RM200.
- The nation’s rulers will work with NGOs, societies and social enterprises to provide food, health and accommodation services with a budget of RM25 million.
- Exemption of rental payment for PPR and public housing for six months.
- Free Internet from April onwards until the end of MCO.
- Government together with TNB will add an allocation of RM530mil for discounts between 15% and 50% for electricity usage up to a maximum of 600kW a month for six months from the April bill.
- Govt will pay the salaries borne by contractors involved in the service sector, such as cleaning services and supply of cooked food in government agencies.
- Govt will introduce a wage subsidy of RM600 a month for three months for employers with a 50% drop in business since Jan 1, for workers with a salary of below RM4,000.
- Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) levy exempted for all sectors for six months starting April 2020.
- Employers are not allowed to cut employees income or force them to take unpaid leave.
- The government will provide RM500 cash assistance to over 1.5 million civil servants in grades 56 and under, including contract workers. Payment will be made by April 2020.
- All e-hailing drivers will be given RM500 compensation.
- RM50 will be given daily to PUI/quarantined individuals for 14 days.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...