Here’s Everything You Need To Know About The Short-Term Economy Recovery Plan (PENJANA)
Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, addressed the nation today (5th June) in a live telecast to announce key details about the short-term economic recovery plan. While most of the nation eagerly tuned in to find out whether the MCO was lifted, there were many key points that he made concerning the economic plan. If you missed out on it, don’t worry! We’ve got all the important points summarised here for you:
- The short-term economic plan will be known as PENJANA and will include 40 different initiatives to help heal the economy.
- RM800 per month will be given to employers or companies who hire unemployed professionals under the age of 40 for a total of 6 months.
- RM600 per month will be given to companies who hire unemployed professionals over 40 years of age or the OKU for a total of 6 months.
- Companies/employers who hire fresh graduates will receive RM600 a month.
- Allowances up to RM4,000 can be redeemed by employees under PERKESO for skill courses.
- 1GB free internet from 8am to 6pm for news, education sectors and Covid-19 related news until 31st December this year.
- Subsidy programmes will be extended to three months (RM600) per employee for all industries applicable.
- The government will provide free RM50 Wallet for all Malaysians to go shopping.
- Malaysians can now use public transport for an unlimited number of times for RM30 under #MY30 which will be available starting 15th June until the end of the year.
- Employers who provide benefits for employees such as smartphones, laptops, tablets or purposes involving working from home may receive a tax deduction of up to RM5,000 per staff.
- In an effort to promote MDeC freelancing, RM25 million will be allocated to the Global Online Workforce (GLOW)
- 300,000 OKU and single mothers listed with JKM are eligible for RM300 one-off payment which will be paid before Aidiladha.
- Full travel tax exemption is effective from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021
- Those who are unemployed are entitled to a training allowance of up to RM4,000 even though they are not contributors under the Employment Insurance Scheme (EIS).
- The government will give 100 percent sales tax exemption on sale of domestic passenger cars, 50 percent for passenger cars imported from June 15, Dec 31, 2020.
- E-vouchers will be available for those who order child-minders’ services online.
- Up to a RM3,000 incentive of individual income tax for fees paid by parents to taska and tadika (kindergartens).
- The government will allocate RM70 million, to a campaign known as, Shop Malaysia Online, to encourage trade on e-commerce platforms using promo codes and discount vouchers. The government’s contributions will be matched by e-commerce platforms accordingly.
- RM400 million will be allocated to fund PENJANA microcredit by Tekun and Bank Simpanan Nasional with RM50 million allocated solely for female entrepreneurs.
- Exemption of services tax on lodgings and accommodation services will be extended from Sept 1,2020 until June 30,2021.
We will keep updating this list with more information so do check back in! Stay safe and stay informed, guys.
Also read: JUST IN: Malaysians Get Free RM50 eWallet From Govt To Go Shopping
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About PM’s PEMERKASA Announcement
Earlier this evening, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin held a press conference to announce the new special aid package, named ‘PEMERKASA’....
PEMERKASA: Govt To Increase Allowance Limit For OKU Workers From RM1,200 To RM1,500
In today’s live broadcast by Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced that the government has agreed to increase...
PEMERKASA: Local SMEs To Receive RM1,000 Monetary Aid To Resume Operations
In today’s live broadcast by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced monetary aid to help small and medium...
PEMERKASA: RM500 One-off Aid For B40 Individuals Who Lost Their Income
In today’s live broadcast by the prime minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced a monetary initiative to help those who...
Popular Massage Parlour in Subang Jaya Raided By Police Officers During Ops Noda
On 13 March, a team of police from Subang Jaya’s D7 BSJD Branch has carried out a raid on a...
Lazada Turns 9 & They’re Launching The New ‘Lazada Bonus’ Feature Plus a Line-up of Surprises This March!
Having served the Malaysian online shopping community since 2012, Lazada celebrates its 9th anniversary this year with a new ‘Lazada...
Here’s How M’sians Can Show Their Skin Some Love & Achieve Their Skincare Goals By CNY
According to facial Feng Shui beliefs, clear and smooth skin is reflective of good intentions and smooth sailing for the...
MCO: Here’s How These M’sians Managed To Thrive & Sell 6,000-8,000kg of Produce a Month Thanks To Lazada
Just a few days ago, it was announced that the MCO will be reinstated and enforced on all states except...