Over the weekend, Penang fell victim to the worst floods in the state’s history.
The floods have caused the entire nation to pull together in efforts to provide aid to affected Penangites. Just yesterday, the Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT) football team announced they were donating their Malaysia Cup prize money to help the flood victims. Selangor has also sent 183 people to help with flood relief efforts.
Now, even Honda Malaysia has extended a helping hand to Penang!
In an announcement posted on their Facebook page yesterday, Honda Malaysia stated that they will be giving 50 per cent discounts to Honda drivers whose cars were damaged by the flood. So, if your car was affected by the floods, Honda Malaysia listed out the steps you can take if you want to get this discount:
- Check your car’s condition
- Lodge a police report
- Prepare a copy/original Insurance Cover Note
- Call the nearest Authorised Service Dealer and tell them about your car’s condition
- Tow your car to the nearest Authorised Service Dealer for repairs
On top of that, Honda Malaysia also shared what you can do if your car gets affected by floods:
- Don’t turn on the ignition switch and do not try to start your vehicle
- Open your door manually with your key instead of using your remote alarm to minimise electronic parts failure
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal to cut any electricity flow in your vehicle
- Make a police report and inform your insurance company
- Remove all your valuables from your vehicle
- Manually lock your vehicle and tow it to your nearest authorised dealer
This offer covers all areas that were affected by the bad floods, and is valid from now until 28th February 2018.
Check out their website for more information!
It’s great to see the entire country coming together to help out our fellow Malaysians. Our thoughts go out to those affected by the floods.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...