According to a series of tweets by Bernama, Datuk Seri Dr. Zulkifli Mohamad al-Bakri has announced that certain mosques and suraus will be allowed to operate for solat Jumaat, solat berjemaah setiap waktu including solat sunat tarawih and solat sunat Aidilfitri.
The number of people allowed during solat berjemaah is not less than three people (exclusive of imams) and not more than 30 people.
The selected mosques and suraus will have to make sure that there will be authorities such as the police or personnel from the religious department to oversee these prayer sessions.
The SOPs that need to be followed are,
- Social distancing of 1 meter outside and inside the mosque/surau
- Jemaahs (people who attend the prayers) will need to make sure they are 1-meter apart from each other and wearing face masks
- Jemaahs are required to perform wuduk at home and will need to bring their own prayer mats
- People with chronic illnesses or are older than 70 years old and children younger than the age 15 are not allowed to attend prayer sessions
- No mass gatherings are allowed inside or outside the mosque/surau after the prayers
What do you think about this? Tell us in the comments!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...