The Prime Minister has yet again extended the MCO so that the Covid-19 chain of infection can be broken. The Movement Control Order Phase 4 will be enforced from 29th April to 12th May which means that men will have to face two more weeks without a haircut. However, with this video, you can cut your own hair from the comforts of your home!
Nick is a coveted hairstylist from 176 Avenue in Bangsar and he has been doing what he does for a long time now. Without further ado, let’s all go into this tutorial!
First things first, we need to buy all the equipment needed by just tapping a few buttons. Here’s what you need:
1. KM-1407 Men Rechargeable 3 IN 1 Hair Trimmer Clipper Razor
This clipper does not only shave off hair but you can use it as nose hair trimmer and a beard clipper as well! It comes with six different attachments along with a charging cable. The best thing is, it only costs RM25! You can get them here.
2. Barber Scissors
If you do not have a pair of these stainless steel scissors from when your ah ma would give you a bowl cut, then you can get them for yourselves! They are actually quite useful as you can use them to trim your fringes, moustache or even your eyebrows! Starting from the price of RM8, they are not that expensive too! You can get them here.
Under normal circumstances, we would have asked you to go to Mr. DIY to get one of these handheld mirrors but with everything going on, ordering them online might be better. You might ask if you can use a small pocket mirror for this task but nope, you need a wide mirror to reflect the back of your head. You can get two of these mirrors for RM6 here.
If you do not have a comb at home, we won’t judge you but it’s best that you get one. I mean… it’s part of your personal hygiene and grooming. Get them here for only 35 cents!
The most awesome thing is that all these products will be shipped from Malaysia and not overseas so you don’t have to wait for long!
Okay, now that we’ve got everything, let’s start off with the tutorial.
- Attach the 3mm comb to the clipper then gauge how much of the side you want to shave off by using your fingers. Nick recommends lifting off three fingers while using two as a ruler. Shave.
- For the back, you should put your palm aligning with the bottom hairline and then stack the other palm up to act as a ruler. Shave.
- Replace the 3mm comb with the 9mm one then shave your crown area with it.
- Replace the clipper once more with the 6mm one to smoothen the transition between the shaven parts and non-shaven parts.
- Moving on to the back, align your palm with the bottom hairline again and this time stack your palms twice. Hold your palm there and start shaving.
- Tidy up all around and trim to the desired length with scissors.
- To get some sick definition, use the clipper without any comb and then you’re done!
Will you be trying this? Let us know in the comments!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...