You often see parents being extra careful with their young children and making sure that the utensils, baby chairs and seats are cleaned properly before allowing them to touch it. One Malaysian mother recently found out that it’s really important to do so after her baby daughter suffered from an alleged allergic reaction after sitting on a baby chair that she forgot to disinfect.
In her Facebook post, she said, “After this incident, I’ve discovered that sanitiser is really important. Sometimes when you’re eating outside with your children, you cannot just simply wipe the baby chair but must use sanitiser to clean the chair properly. I was being careless and just used wet wipes to clean the baby chair’s table and not the whole seat. Before my daughter sat down, she was fine.”
“After she sat on the chair for a while, I noticed her eyes getting a little red and when she touched her ears and neck, these parts started to get red as well. She didn’t want to eat and started crying for me to carry her. At first, I thought it was mosquito bites but it was only after I reached home that I realised her face, neck and parts of her body was red, itchy and hot to the touch,” she added.
The worried mother immediately applied some cream on her toddler’s face and body but the situation did not improve. To soothe her crying daughter, she used a wet cloth to wipe her body and then applied some aloe vera cream on the affected parts. Luckily, the redness and itchiness started to subside but half an hour later, this spread to her back, buttocks and legs so the mother quickly applied aloe vera cream again.
The mother also brought her daughter to the doctor, who confirmed that the toddler was suffering from an allergic reaction to dust, dust mites or something similar. She concluded that it must have been from the chair as everything else her daughter used was still the same.
She said that it was not the restaurant’s fault if the baby chair was dirty as she was careless and did not properly clean the chair before allowing her daughter to sit in it. She added that she just wanted to share her experience and warn other mothers out there about the importance of properly sanitising things like this.
For little kids who generally have weaker bodies, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...