Always wanted to travel to New Zealand but don’t have the funds to do so? Go on a working holiday where you can enjoy New Zealand and earn enough money to sustain your travels! And if you’re lucky, you may be able to save up some money to bring back home too!
If a working holiday sounds like your cup of tea then we’ve got good news for you. Malaysians can soon apply for working holiday visas in New Zealand that last up to six months. The official website of New Zealand Immigration has informed that applications will be open for young Malaysians to study or work there starting from 23rd January 2020.
Here are some of the terms and conditions you need to know before you apply:
- The Working Holiday Visa can only be applied online
- You are not allowed to accept a permanent job
- No children allowed with you on a working holiday
- If you have a partner who wants to come to New Zealand, they’ll need to apply for their own visa
- You must be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- You must have NZ$2,250 (RM6,110) to fund your stay there. You may be denied entry if they ask to show evidence of these funds and you cannot provide it
- You must come to New Zealand within 12 months of the date your visa is granted
- You need to prove that you have onward travel arrangements from New Zealand such as a travel ticket out of the country or enough money to pay for a travel ticket out of New Zealand, in addition to your living costs
The website also states that you don’t need to have a job offer before you go there and can choose to work in any job you like. However, you have to make sure it’s a legal job and you’re not allowed to provide or run a business providing commercial sexual services.
Do note that there will be an application fee of NZ$208 (RM860) which can be paid using your credit card. The process takes about 21 days and they will notify you via email about the results. Make sure that all your documents are ready and prepared before you apply because the working holiday visa is only open for 1,150 Malaysians per year. The application will be opened from 23rd January 2020 at 5am Malaysian time or 10am New Zealand time. Set your alarms!
For more information, you can log on to their website here.
#Throwback: Inspiring M’sians Who’ve Proven That It Takes Just a Bit of Guts to Spread Love & Make a Difference
Having the courage to show someone you love or care for them definitely takes a certain level of guts–no matter...
Here’s How M’sians Can Use PETRONAS Mesra Points Online & Redeem with AirAsia, Sunway Lagoon & More!
If you’re not a PETRONAS Mesra Card holder, you’re missing out big time! Here’s why you NEED to be a...
Win a Trip For 2 to Rio, London & More to visit the Iconic Olympic Stadiums From the Past! Here’s How
The very first time Malaysia participated in the Summer Olympics was back in 1964, wayyy before any of you were...