This is pretty disturbing!
Last week, a vet named Jakkarin Riangngoen who works at a veterinary hospital in Thailand, shared gruesome photos of a dead Pomeranian on Facebook, which caused nationwide outrage.
The dog reportedly died while being transported by a shipping company from Bangkok. The dog’s body was then sent to a veterinary hospital as part of investigations, according to Khaosod English.
It was discovered that a medical student, who was the owner, allegedly gave his 7-month-old dog medicine meant for humans prior to sending it to the shipping company, which caused its unfortunate death.
Police will reportedly be summoning the sixth-year student today. It was suspected the student did this in order to claim THB50,000 (approx. RM6,300) as compensation from the shipping company for the dog’s death.
In the now viral Facebook post, Jakkarin showed how much medicine the poor dog was forced to ingest, upsetting thousands of animal lovers from all over the country.
The vet and his wife reportedly found more than 10 tablets in the dog’s stomach, including blood pressure medicine meant for humans!
“I recalled when I saw a tablet of medicine inside the dog carrier bag, so I asked the owner whether the dog had eaten any medicine for people. The owner said, ‘Oh that is mine,’ and quickly threw it into the garbage,” said Jakkarin’s wife.
After going through the garbage, she found that the medicine he dumped was actually the same medicine they found in the dog’s body.
What was even more suspicious was that the dog’s owner called them the day after they conducted the autopsy, telling them that the medicine he threw away was actually vitamins prescribed by another vet. Hold on, because things got even weirder after that!
Jakkarin then found out the shipping company that transported the dog received a fake medical report from the owner, stating that the dog died of shock during travel and demanded THB50,000 in compensation.
For now, the dog’s body has been transferred to their local Livestock Department for further investigation. As for the dog’s owner, he could face up to two years in jail or get fined THB40,000 (approx. RM5,077).
The owner’s university has since addressed the issue, stating that he would be reprimanded if it was confirmed that he intentionally killed his dog.
Thai netizens on the other hand also expressed concern over the fact that the dog’s owner was a sixth-year medical student and were worried that he was going to be a future doctor.
Whatever it is, we hope this case is thoroughly investigated. If the owner is indeed found guilty, let’s hope he faces the appropriate punishment.
#Throwback: Inspiring M’sians Who’ve Proven That It Takes Just a Bit of Guts to Spread Love & Make a Difference
Having the courage to show someone you love or care for them definitely takes a certain level of guts–no matter...
Here’s How M’sians Can Use PETRONAS Mesra Points Online & Redeem with AirAsia, Sunway Lagoon & More!
If you’re not a PETRONAS Mesra Card holder, you’re missing out big time! Here’s why you NEED to be a...
Win a Trip For 2 to Rio, London & More to visit the Iconic Olympic Stadiums From the Past! Here’s How
The very first time Malaysia participated in the Summer Olympics was back in 1964, wayyy before any of you were...