For many, sleeping is an effortless and enjoyable task but for some, it could be difficult and in extreme situations, may even require sleeping pills. What if we told you that there is a way to help you fall asleep in just two minutes without involving any medication?
In fact, this method has actually been used by the US military personnel for years and it was first publicly mentioned in a book called ‘Relax and Win: Championship Performance’, by Lloyd Bud Winter.
According to men’s lifestyle site, Joe, this technique involves two broad steps and has a success rate of 96 per cent after six weeks of practice. Below is the breakdown of this method.
Step 1: Completely clear your mind
- Relax all 43 facial muscles including your tongue, jaw and muscles around your eyes
- Drop your shoulders as low as possible
- Let your arms go limp on both sides, starting with the dominant side
- Exhale and relax your chest
- Relax your thighs and calves
Step 2: Imagine peaceful images in your mind
Here are two examples given by the site:
- Lying in a canoe on a calm lake with blue sky above you
- Snuggling in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room
Of course, everyone reacts differently to this technique as some have more severe insomnia than others. If you’re one of the 4 per cent of people that don’t find this method helpful, you can try other tricks too such as:
- Cutting caffeine out from your life
- Establishing a regular bedtime and wake-up time
- Avoid using digital gadgets before bedtime
- Make sure your room is cosy, dark and quiet
- Have your last meal of the day at least four hours before bedtime to aid digestion
If you’re having a tough time falling into a slumber, why not give this technique a shot? Good luck!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...