MOH Releases 12 “Strict SOPs” Ministers Must Follow When Travelling Overseas
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has released 12 standard operating procedures (SOP) for Ministers who will be travelling abroad.
This comes after Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba’s announcement that Ministers only need to quarantine for three days after returning from overseas trips.
Here’s the list
- The visit must be an official affair
- The schedule of events must be brief
- Ministers must only be accompanied by a small group of delegates who must undergo the Covid-19 test
- Ministers must not have any symptoms
- Ministers must test negative for Covid-19 48 hours before departure
- Ministers must use a special working airplane instead of a commercial airplane, to create a “travel bubble”
- It is mandatory for Ministers to undergo a test as soon as they arrive at the airport
- Only Ministers who test negative for Covid-19 will be taken directly to the hotel accommodation
- Ministers are not allowed to travel alone or go to places other than official places
- Ministers will only be allowed in the living room
- Ministers must wear a face mask at all times while at the official places of visit
- No handshake, hugs or touching are allowed during the official visit
Yesterday (10 February), Health Director-General, Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah justified Adham Baba’s move, saying that the cabinet of ministers who return from any overseas shall undergo an observation period of three days OR undergo surveillance until they are discharged without posing danger to the public.
He added that the OR meant that the quarantine period could be either seven days, 14 days, or even 21 days. An application will be submitted to the Cabinet before the Minister leaves for their trip where it would be subject to the Cabinet’s approval.
“When the Cabinet approves, we would see the SOP timetable and also official events they would be attending. The timetables would be presented to both sides.”
Also read: “What’s the difference between my body & theirs?” Politicians Call Out 3-Day Quarantine Order
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About PM’s PEMERKASA Announcement
Earlier this evening, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin held a press conference to announce the new special aid package, named ‘PEMERKASA’....
PEMERKASA: Govt To Increase Allowance Limit For OKU Workers From RM1,200 To RM1,500
In today’s live broadcast by Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced that the government has agreed to increase...
PEMERKASA: Local SMEs To Receive RM1,000 Monetary Aid To Resume Operations
In today’s live broadcast by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced monetary aid to help small and medium...
PEMERKASA: RM500 One-off Aid For B40 Individuals Who Lost Their Income
In today’s live broadcast by the prime minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced a monetary initiative to help those who...
Popular Massage Parlour in Subang Jaya Raided By Police Officers During Ops Noda
On 13 March, a team of police from Subang Jaya’s D7 BSJD Branch has carried out a raid on a...
Lazada Turns 9 & They’re Launching The New ‘Lazada Bonus’ Feature Plus a Line-up of Surprises This March!
Having served the Malaysian online shopping community since 2012, Lazada celebrates its 9th anniversary this year with a new ‘Lazada...
Here’s How M’sians Can Show Their Skin Some Love & Achieve Their Skincare Goals By CNY
According to facial Feng Shui beliefs, clear and smooth skin is reflective of good intentions and smooth sailing for the...
MCO: Here’s How These M’sians Managed To Thrive & Sell 6,000-8,000kg of Produce a Month Thanks To Lazada
Just a few days ago, it was announced that the MCO will be reinstated and enforced on all states except...