Owning a pet cat or dog is just about one of the best decisions anyone can make, especially if you love animals! After all, these furry friends would cheer us up when we’re down, are always happy to see us when we return home from work, and would also serve as a good conversation icebreaker when we meet other pet lovers, thus potentially widening our social circle. It’s safe to say that pets play such an integral part in our lives these days that it’s almost impossible to imagine living without them.
However, some owners take loving their pets to extreme levels by being overly manja with them. We asked a few Malaysian cat owners about the most ridiculous things they’ve done with their pets and many had a lot of stories to share. Check out some of the things they’ve done below and let us know if you’re guilty of some of them yourself!
1. Buying them designer clothing“So, my roommate and I owned a cat in university and we would usually pamper her with a lot of stuff such as buying necklaces and designer clothing. During her birthday month, we would splurge some money on her by getting her expensive gifts, which would usually cost us about RM1,000. I know it may sound stupid to some but she was like our little baby and just like loving parents, we wanted to give her the best and show her our love. Although admittedly, I believe the only thing she wanted was her food. We still love her though 😂.”
– Chan, 26
2. Using cats as a bolster
“I sleep with my fat cat, Dood, every night and use him as a bolster! I’m always heartbroken whenever I’m away from him and find it hard to sleep without him. Whenever I’m at a sleepover at a friend’s place, I have to always try to convince my friends to allow me to bring him along. Naturally… they’ll say NO ”
– Sue, 26
3. Making them one of the bridesmaids for a family wedding“A family wedding was coming up and there was a discussion going on about the selection of bridesmaids. When we finally selected all of the bridesmaids, we realised we left out someone important — the family cat, Snow White! So, when the date arrived, we dressed her up with a bowtie and made her part of a private ceremony at our home before the official celebration at the church. Sure, there were a few guests who thought it was awkward having a pet all dressed up, but who cares, just look at how cute she looks!”
– Sarah, 25
Aww… We’re sure Snow White would have made a lovely addition to the wedding!
4. Remodelling their house to accommodate their cat’s needs
“I’m not even going to deny that I’ve overspent on my cat before. There was one time when my family and I decided to remodel the house just to meet my pet’s needs. My cat would refuse to do his business indoors although we got him a nice litter box to use. You see, we got him as a stray so he was not used to doing his ‘business’ indoors. As a result, we decided to remodel our house and build him his own access into and out of the house. We ended up spending about RM3,000 just for the remodelling. Silly, I know, but it sure beats waking up at 3am every night just to let him out of the house.”
– Joe, 36
5. Throwing them very extra birthday parties
“My housemates and I owned a cat named Nahla for a couple of years. We would regularly hold parties at our apartment and Nahla would be present. One year, we decided to throw Nahla a birthday party of her own and invited a couple of friends over to join the party. We decorated our place with balloons and popped party confetti during the night. To be honest, I think we were just finding a reason to party rather than to celebrate Nahla’s birthday. HAHA.”
– Shaun, 26
What do you think of these stories? Are you personally guilty of some of them yourself?
For us, we can certainly relate to loving our pets a little too much as well. In fact, real animal lovers would tell you that their pets are more of a family member instead. And they should be.
So, never be ashamed of showing your pets some affection and TLC (tender, loving, care). Of course, we’re not telling you to splurge all your money on them lah.
If you’re someone whose love for cats (fictional or not) has no limits or would like to reminisce on the good ol’ days watching cat cartoons such as Garfield, then head on down to the Sunway Lost World Of Tambun for a purr-fect time with your family!
From 24th November 2018 to 1st January 2019, Sunway Lost World Of Tambun (LWOT) will be celebrating Garfield’s 40th Anniversary with a plethora of exciting events this holiday season.
Here’s why you wouldn’t want to miss it:
- Experience five Garfield-themed games stations and performances from other classic cartoon characters.
- Meet and greet Garfield and his friends at The House of Garfield every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Move and groove with Garfield at the Garfield show every day at 6.30pm.
- Explore other attractions such as the Water Park, Amusement Park, Petting Zoo, Catopia and many more!
Aside from this, December babies may also celebrate their birthdays with Garfield by receiving a free slice of cake every weekend throughout the month of December.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Register yourself on the Sunway Lost World Of Tambun website
- Show your MyKid or MyKad to the LWOT crew for verification
- And party it up with Garfield & Friends at the House of Garfield. It’s that simple!
Only 50 visitors will be able to celebrate their birthdays per day every weekend. So be sure to register yourself quick!
And that’s not all, you can also be one of 40 lucky winners to win LWOT tickets and other mystery prizes by entering Sunway Lost World Of Tambun’s online contests throughout the campaign period.
For more information on the Garfield & Friends Holiday Party, you can find it here.
Okay lah, we know where we will be heading to this holiday season. We hope to see all of you there!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...