Be careful when you’re charging your smartphone, everyone! A bank clerk suffered burns on her hand after she touched it while it was charging at her home in Seksyen 7, Shah Alam on Sunday morning (Sept 23).
According to Berita Harian, the incident happened at around 4.20am and the smartphone almost caused a fire in her home as it was placed on her mattress, which had started to smoulder. The smartphone had overheated while charging, which was what caused 24-year-old Nur Filzah Abdul Rahman to get injuries on her hand.
She said, “I will charge my smartphone before sleeping and usually, I will put it on the floor. However, on that night I decided to put it on the mattress on my left side before I went to sleep while it was charging. I woke up at around 4.20am when I felt something hot at the back of my body. I turned to the left and that was when my hand accidentally touched my phone, which caused it to feel really painful.”
Shocked, she was immediately alert and got up to switch on the lights only to see that her room was filled with smoke and her mattress was burning due to the overheated phone. She quickly woke her housemates up for help and when they saw her smouldering mattress, they took a bucket of water to pour on the bed to put out the fire.
They brought Nur Filzah to the hospital to get treatment for her burnt hand. She told Harian Metro that she had been using the same phone for four years without any issue but had just changed the battery for the first time, two months ago. Although she suffered minor injuries, she said that she was glad nothing worse had happened to her.
Luckily she was not injured much but this is a good reminder that we should be careful when we’re charging our phones!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...