If you’ve put weight loss down as one of your New Year’s resolutions to achieve in 2020, you might just want to steal a page or two from Siti’s book. Her inspiring journey of losing 40kg in just eight months is truly fascinating. Especially since she achieved this impressive goal by eating up to 6 meals a day!
When she initially weighed in at 95kg, Siti started making an effort to lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle. And after eight months, she finally achieved her goal! She now weighs in at a healthy 54kg.
Luckily for us, the weight loss inspiration shared a few helpful tips for those of you who are looking to shed a couple kgs this holiday season!
While Siti emphasises that you don’t have to follow a strict diet as it will only stress you out even more, she does recommend controlling your calorie intake and portioning your meals by using smaller plates, as said by a source from Siakap Keli.
Here are a few more useful tips:
- Drink water before meals. Not only does it fill up your stomach so you don’t overeat, it will also help revitalize your skin!
- Sleep for 8 hours a day. For all you night owls and insomniacs, this tip might seem ridiculous but studies have actually shown that lack of sleep can cause obesity.
- Get in plenty of protein and avoid say no to sugar if you’re a sweet tooth. Stick to natural sugars in fruits and vegetables or substitute sugar with honey.
- While drinking water is recommended, it’s not the only drink you’re limited to. Siti shared that throughout her weight loss journey, she actually drank a lot of green tea and black coffee without sugar to boost her metabolism and energy before workouts!
- Eating habits may have a large impact on weight loss but it isn’t everything. Siti said doing aerobic & cardio exercises regularly will definitely help in the process of shedding weight. Or go to the gym to get your body up and moving!
- Avoid alcohol. For all you alcoholics out there, that beer belly won’t go away by itself! A drink usually contains 8 tablespoons of sugar.
- Eat breakfast. Skipping your meals will not help you lose weight! Breakfast stabilises your hormones and blood sugar levels so your metabolic rate increases to burn more calories.
- Don’t starve yourself. Portion control doesn’t mean starving your body when it’s hungry! Your body will burn muscle to replace your lack of food intake and this will make losing weight harder instead.
- Spread out your meals! Siti may have eaten small portions, but she ate meals up to six times a day.
- Lastly, always be determined to succeed. Determination comes from within and it’s the most important factor not just in fitness but also to succeed in life!
Kudos to you, Siti for achieving your fitness goals! Hopefully, these tips help some of you cross weight loss off your list in 2020.
#Throwback: Inspiring M’sians Who’ve Proven That It Takes Just a Bit of Guts to Spread Love & Make a Difference
Having the courage to show someone you love or care for them definitely takes a certain level of guts–no matter...
Here’s How M’sians Can Use PETRONAS Mesra Points Online & Redeem with AirAsia, Sunway Lagoon & More!
If you’re not a PETRONAS Mesra Card holder, you’re missing out big time! Here’s why you NEED to be a...
Win a Trip For 2 to Rio, London & More to visit the Iconic Olympic Stadiums From the Past! Here’s How
The very first time Malaysia participated in the Summer Olympics was back in 1964, wayyy before any of you were...