Looks like Malaysians who may have booked a ticket on the day of election needn’t worry about paying extra for the re-booking fee!
This is because, following the likes of Cathay Pacific, Malindo Airways is now the second international airline to be offering a waive if their Malaysian passengers’ booking date falls on the date of the next 14th general election (GE14), reported FMT. Yay!
“In anticipation of the 14th general election, Malindo Airways has come up with the following waivers to ensure that our valued guests’ travel will not be affected. This waiver is applicable for Malaysian citizens only,” read their statement that was released on Thursday (29 March 2018).
So, if you’ve already booked a Malindo flight on a date that may overlap with the upcoming GE14, here’s what you need to know;
Changes to travel date (for the same destination)
- All changes must be made within seven (7) days from the announcement of GE14
- Only one (1) free change is allowed in that seven (7) days from the date of the GE14 announcement
- Changes are subject to seat availability. Do it quick, if you want a seat!
- Both change fee and fare difference will be waived. If it’s still the same route!
Re-route to a different destination
- Only one (1) change is allowed to re-route travel on Malindo Air
- Change fee will be waived but fare difference applies (subject to the ticket’s terms & conditions)
- All changes must be made within seven (7) days beginning from the day the GE14 announcement is made
In short, the waive is only applicable to the re-booking fee but not the re-routing fee.
Nevertheless, the re-booking fee will still be waived even if you decide to change your destination.
If one of your travel dates do happen to fall on the day of GE14, remember to utilise this opportunity to waive your re-booking fee to save some money!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...