The year-end holiday season is fast approaching and with it comes fresh opportunities for families to spend quality time with one another. If you’re unsure what to do this holiday, then head on down to Sunway Lost World Of Tambun for a fun-filled adventure with your family.
And if you don’t know where to start, fret not; here are 8 things you must do at Sunway Lost World Of Tambun:
1. Begin your visit by taking a trip back in time at Ipoh Street
In case you didn’t know, Sunway Lost World Of Tambun has its very own Ipoh Street where visitors will be able to dine like a local amidst the backdrop of old Ipoh. Visitors craving a more traditional palate can dine at the Dulang Tea House where you’ll find nostalgic foods such as coffee, toast, and eggs prepared the old-fashioned way.
Additionally, here are other local delicacies all foodies must try at Ipoh Street:
- Tau Fu Fah
- Hong Peah Biscuit
- Chicken Bean Sprout
- Signature Ipoh Mee Curry
2. Once you’re done relaxing, get your adrenaline pumping at the Water Park, Amusement Park & Adventure Park
The Lost World Of Tambun is the ultimate day and night destination featuring a whole host of action-packed attractions. Here, visitors will be able to enjoy a bunch of thrilling adventures, be it in or out of the water, which is perfect for the whole family.
Be sure to check out these rides when you’re there:
- Lupe’s Adventure (Perak’s first roller coaster ride)
- Dragon Flight (a thrilling swing-chair ride that swings you up in the air)
- Cliff Racer (a massive slide that is sure to give you a boost in adrenaline)
- Adventure River (the longest inflatable tube ride in Malaysia – it’s great for all ages!)
- Zip Line (Flying Fox)
3. Learn more about Malaysia’s tin mining history at the Tin Valley & discover real artifacts at the galleria
Visitors can also take part in the daily dulang washing activity to experience what life was like for tin miners in the past.
4. Pet cuddly and furry cats at Catopia
Feline lovers can also be surrounded by other adorable felines at Catopia, which is a room filled with domesticated cats decorated in a Christmas and Garfield theme. Trust us, it’s gonna be hard to leave!
5. Capture Insta-worthy photos at the Luminous Forest and get acquainted with the Malayana tribe
The newly opened Luminous forest, that’s also home to the Malayana tribe, is the best place to capture the perfect shot to boost your Instagram game. This enchanting land will surely leave you breathless as you marvel at its dazzling display of lights. Visitors can also acquaint themselves with the Malayana tribe and learn about their origins at the forest.
Here are a few Insta-worthy spots in the forest to look out for:
- Mother Sophea
- Lights of Aiyana
- Throne of Malayana
- Garden of Lights
- Wapi Springs
6. Partake in the Garfield & Friends Holiday Party at Sunway Lost World Of Tambun
From 24th November 2018 to 1st January 2019, Garfield & Friends take centre stage at Sunway Lost World Of Tambun entertaining visitors with their antics, making it THE place to be for a wholesome family experience.
Here’s what’s in store for Garfield fans:
- 5 Garfield-themed games stations featuring mini-games and quizzes about the world’s most lovable feline.
- Performances from Garfield and other classic cartoon characters such as Odie, Nermal, and Arlene.
- Meet & greet Garfield and his friends at The House of Garfield every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Move and groove with Garfield at the awesome pool party every day at 6.30pm.
- Attractive Garfield merchandise up for grabs upon completing all mini-games.
Visitors of all ages are welcomed to take part in the event and will be given an exclusive Garfield passport to collect stickers as they go through each game station!
7. Celebrate your birthday with Garfield & Friends!
Another highlight of the event is that December babies may also celebrate their birthdays with Garfield by receiving a free slice of cake every weekend throughout the month of December.
Here’s all you need to do:
- Register yourself on the Sunway Lost World Of Tambun website.
- Show your MyKid or MyKad to the LWOT crew for verification.
- And party it up with Garfield & Friends at the House of Garfield. It’s that simple!
Only 50 visitors will be able to celebrate their birthdays per day every weekend. So be sure to register yourself quick!
8. Be one of 40 lucky winners to win Sunway Lost World of Tambun tickets & moreLooking to score some freebies this holiday season? Well, here’s your chance! Go head to head with other contestants and put your love for Garfield to the test by answering questions about the big, orange cat.
Here are the deets:
- Contest period: 3 November – 28 December 2018
- 40 lucky winners will be chosen through correct answers and notified via email
- Prizes: Sunway Lost World Of Tambun tickets & Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Garfield Book autographed by Garfield’s creator, Jim Davis Token
For more information on the Garfield & Friends Holiday party, you can find it here.
And since you’ve made it all the way here in this article, here’s a special treat for all WORLD OF BUZZ readers:
We’re giving away 40 Sunway Lost World Of Tambun tickets to 20 lucky winners!
Here’s how you can score 2 Sunway Lost World Of Tambun tickets for you and a friend to celebrate the New Year:
- Like WORLD OF BUZZ & Sunway Lost World Of Tambun’s Facebook page
- In the comments section of our Facebook post, tell us why you would like to spend a day at Sunway Lost World Of Tambun
- Like and share the post
- Only selected winners will be contacted via Facebook
*Tickets are only valid from 1 January 2019 to 30 June 2019
*Terms & conditions apply
Contest period is from 17 November to 1 December 2018
The Sunway Lost World of Tambun is truly more than just a theme park, it’s a destination. So, what are you waiting for? Head on down to the Lost World of Tambun this holiday season for the ultimate family holiday experience.
Don’t say we bojio!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...