Hotpot meals have become quite a popular choice among Malaysians nowadays and some of us really do enjoy being able to cook our own food.
But sometimes when we’re too hungry, we might get a little impatient and take the food – especially meat – out of the pot earlier than we’re supposed to.
Well, this can actually be a very bad habit because taking the meat out earlier than you should means that there are bacteria and even possible tapeworms left unkilled. This could cause you to have many health problems and even put your life at risk.
This was what happened to a man from Hubei, China.
According to Sina News, the 46-year-old man developed epilepsy after failing to cook his pork and lamb slices properly during a hotpot meal. After going to the hospital, doctors found that he had a brain infection caused by a parasite that had entered his brain from the raw meat he consumed.
It was reported that the man felt sick after his hotpot meal and went to the hospital where he was initially diagnosed with intracranial calcification caused by metal deposits in blood vessels.
Doctors suggested that they do further check-ups, but the man refused as he said that he had started feeling better. However, in the next few days, he started experiencing seizures at night and decided to go to the hospital for another check-up.
He was put through an MRI scan where the results showed that he had a serious parasitic infection in his brain!
The doctor attending to him believed that the undercooked slices of meat the patient had eaten contained tapeworms which are commonly found in raw or undercooked pork. The parasites could have entered his brain through his digestive system.
The doctor explained further that the parasite’s eggs can “hatch” in our digestive systems and circulate to different parts of the body, with the brain being the most common spot.
After thinking back to the hotpot meal he had, the patient remembered that he was rushing to eat. He also said that the mala soup base made it difficult for him to tell if the meat was cooked properly as the redness of the soup had masked the colour of the meat.
Well, if you aren’t sure if the meat is cooked properly, there’s no harm in cooking it a little longer. Better to be safe than sorry, guys!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...