A 30-year old patient had released gas during surgery which allegedly sparked a fire, causing herself to be seriously burnt.
The incident happened in the Shinjuku Ward of the university hospital in Tokyo on April 15 as reported by Straits Times.
The female patient was undergoing an operation which involved applying laser to her cervix, the lower part of the uterus.
While she was having her surgical procedure done, the patient apparently farted. With the laser, this sparked a fire which burnt her waist, hips and legs.
Recent reports have revealed there were no flammable materials present during the surgery.
“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report said.
It’s not surprising that farts can ignite flames as our flatulence contain hydrogen sulfide that is combustible.
So next time you’re walking near any fire source, you may want to clench your butt a little tighter.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...