As Malaysians, we all know that mamak food is memang best because its both cheap and tasty. So what if its cleanliness rating isn’t always A grade? Its the “extra” flavour that we locals love.
But there’s always a limit to the standard of hygiene that we should settle for. And this definitely exceeds what we’re comfortable with.
Posted by Kelab Info Malaysia on Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Just yesterday, 24-year-old Wan Mohd Amirul uploaded a nauseating video of worms squirming from the fried chicken of a Maggi goreng ayam dish he ordered at a local eatery in Seri Manjung, Perak.
According to a Facebook post from Kelab Info Malaysia, Amirul said he felt like something was amiss about the dish when he and his friend ordered food at the eatery at around 5am yesterday (6th November).
“I think the instant noodles didn’t have a problem. It’s just the worms from the chicken. I think they have been festering over the past couple of days. Luckily, my friend didn’t touch his meal yet.”
“My friend already informed the owners of the eatery about this and it shouldn’t happen just because the owner of the restaurant doesn’t prioritise hygiene.”
Amirul said he uploaded the now-viral video on Facebook because he wanted netizens to stay informed and be careful about where they eat. Always check your food before you put it in your mouth.
He said, “I don’t have any evil intention. I just want to remind others to be more careful when it comes to food.”
“Before this, there were cases about dirty eateries but the owners don’t care and still want to reuse old ingredients that are no longer fresh or safe to eat.”
“I hope this serves as a reminder that it can happen to anyone, it happened to my friend. I hope the authorities will take action accordingly.”
Since the cringe-inducing video went viral, a notice for the eatery’s closure has been issued.
Meanwhile, the Perak’s Director of Health, Datuk Chen Limin, has since released a statement.
“No official complaints were made but the video went viral on social media and we are still in the process of investigating this.”
Those who went to the eatery to assess the situation said that authorities have closed the place down for two weeks starting 6th November till 20th November. They couldn’t get a statement from the owners of the eatery as they were not present during this time.
So think twice next time before you dig into that plate of maggi goreng. You can never be too safe about the hygiene of your food.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...