fbpx
Connect with us

News

Perodua Alza In Kelantan Catches Fire After Power Bank Explodes Due to Hot Weather

Published

on

Source: Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Having a power bank is a great responsibility as storing it wrongly or in the wrong temperatures can cause overheating or even explosions.

Info Roadblock POLIS/JPJ posted on Facebook about an incident that reportedly happened in the parking area of Tumpat Hospital, Kelantan.

A Perodua Alza had caught fire when a power bank placed in the storage area of the passenger seat exploded due to the hot weather after being in the parking lot for a long period of time.

Photos show the seat and ceiling of the car damaged and burnt as a result of the fire.

This could happen because the Lithium-Ion battery – the kind of battery most commonly found in power banks and smartphones – had overheated after being placed in hot weather. Benzo Energy says that the maximum temperature Lithium-Ion batteries can take is 50 degrees Celsius, after which the battery will stop charging or explode at some point.

Although it takes a temperature of 50 degrees Celsius for a Lithium-Ion battery to explode in many cases, a temperature of 45 degrees Celsius can also cause damage. As the Lithium-Ion battery itself discharges heat, it is essential to keep it at a favourable temperature as it could cause harm.

Always be mindful about where you store your power banks and avoid leaving it in your car if you plan to park outdoors or in hot weather.  

 

Also read: Video Of Exploded Phone Shows Why We Should Be Careful When Charging Our Devices

Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Latest Videos

Announcement



TRENDING TODAY